• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

need advice: taking my kid to the Tulane game…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/26/2024 at 10:17 PM, 79 Bull said:

@TRUTH D. Antagonist To get seats in that row, I would definitely walk in that section by 6:15-6:25 at the latest to be safe. Have fun!

thank u!

just bought my tickets. my kid is psyched!

i dug out an old school football jersey thats yellow on the sleeves & shoulders, green on the body. i think its one of the first jerseys to use the OvarianBull logo, definitely a wild color scheme. it was always too tight for me so i never wore it but fits him perfect. i told him how uncommon that jersey is & how badly i regretted being too cheap to spend $80 on my proper size the last time it came up on eBay.

he’s proud to own the jersey & even more excited for the game.

future Bull in the making? 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

he asked me who our best player is so i showed him some highlights to decide for himself… i think he’s a Kasean Pryor fan. he got a kick out of the blonde hair 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

On 2/26/2024 at 10:17 PM, 79 Bull said:

@TRUTH D. Antagonist To get seats in that row, I would definitely walk in that section by 6:15-6:25 at the latest to be safe. Have fun!

Doesn’t the game start at 4pm???  Sorry, Tulane game u are talking about

Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,290
  • Days Won:  25

Have fun and enjoy those memories with your son. He will remember it for the rest of your life, and hopefully  one day take his kids to bulls games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

@TRUTH D. Antagonist  Hope you and your son had a great time, and snagged some great GA seats.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/26/2024 at 4:49 AM, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

it’s been a long time since i’ve been to an MBB game. i used to just walk up, buy the cheapest ticket & sit wherever there was an empty seat (there were plenty).

suddenly i have a 13 year old who earned his role as a bench warner on his middle school team this year & FINALLY, after years of having zero interest in sports, has an interest in my favorite sport of all… basketball.

& it’s happening at a time when the USF MBB program is as good as its ever been. i had contemplated a Celtics game in Orlando, but his mother & i went to MBB games at the Sun Dome when we were dating & i want him to understand the importance of USF to my life, to our family & hopefully get him thinking about being a Bull one day.

SO…

i am the “super loud obnoxious fan” type, my son is more reserved & low key but enjoys watching me act a fool.

what section would be best for a rowdy (but not offensive) dad taking his kid to his first real basketball game not held in a middle school gym?

i want to be close enough to the action where he can get the full experience but not so deep that he feels he has to stand & scream all game. definitely dont want to be near any bougie sitters who like to watch their live basketball in peace & quiet.

basically does anyone have any recommendations on a loud but not intense section where we can stand & scream when appropriate but still sit down & enjoy a hot dog & explain the game to my son.

any suggestions?

Would love to hear about your time and thoughts on a sold out YC. 

• Like 1

I hope you and your son had a blast Watching history!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

it was incredible.

i hate to admit but it had been quite a while since i’d been to the SunDome. it looks great inside & out. we got there about quarter to 6 so we walked around for a few minutes & the kid was impressed. when we finally got to our seats i asked him what he thought about the school. his response: “i wanna go here.”

sat in 106 on the corner under the DJ  so we could have a view of 95% of the court (the stanchion blocked the corner of the right wing but it was fine). everybody was cool, loud & full of excitement… not just about MBB but excited to be BULLS. i hadnt felt that way since the Leavitt football days. everybody there felt like this team & this school matter on a level bigger than just a cute local story.

having a tight score for 75% of the game was perfect for the entertainment value. at halftime my son asked if Tulane was good because the score was still close. i told him Tulane isnt a bad team but that they were playing up to the top team in the conference. then i told him to expect us to pull away about halfway thru the 2nd when our talent would show thru.

was a top 5 Bulls moment for me (sentimentally #1 cuz it was w my kid but i was at Auburn & FSU so… 😅) & im sure a top 5 overall moment for my son.

it was as positive an experience as it could possibly have been. it wasnt just an exciting game on a Tuesday night, it was nationally relevant basketball played by the regular season champions of the best non-“power” conference in D1 sports in their best season if basketball in school history.

& my son understood & absorbed every minute of it. proud to be a Bull.

and Kasean Pryor is still his favorite player. dude is just so extra it’s fun to watch. the Bulls play a style of ball a lot like my favorite NBA team, the Celtics. switches on defense, lots of ball movement & drive & kicks for open threes. they look very solid. this isnt just a team on a lucky run, they play real high level basketball.

Making memories and future  bulls is what it is all about.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

it was incredible.

i hate to admit but it had been quite a while since i’d been to the SunDome. it looks great inside & out. we got there about quarter to 6 so we walked around for a few minutes & the kid was impressed. when we finally got to our seats i asked him what he thought about the school. his response: “i wanna go here.”

sat in 106 on the corner under the DJ  so we could have a view of 95% of the court (the stanchion blocked the corner of the right wing but it was fine). everybody was cool, loud & full of excitement… not just about MBB but excited to be BULLS. i hadnt felt that way since the Leavitt football days. everybody there felt like this team & this school matter on a level bigger than just a cute local story.

having a tight score for 75% of the game was perfect for the entertainment value. at halftime my son asked if Tulane was good because the score was still close. i told him Tulane isnt a bad team but that they were playing up to the top team in the conference. then i told him to expect us to pull away about halfway thru the 2nd when our talent would show thru.

was a top 5 Bulls moment for me (sentimentally #1 cuz it was w my kid but i was at Auburn & FSU so… 😅) & im sure a top 5 overall moment for my son.

it was as positive an experience as it could possibly have been. it wasnt just an exciting game on a Tuesday night, it was nationally relevant basketball played by the regular season champions of the best non-“power” conference in D1 sports in their best season if basketball in school history.

& my son understood & absorbed every minute of it. proud to be a Bull.

and Kasean Pryor is still his favorite player. dude is just so extra it’s fun to watch. the Bulls play a style of ball a lot like my favorite NBA team, the Celtics. switches on defense, lots of ball movement & drive & kicks for open threes. they look very solid. this isnt just a team on a lucky run, they play real high level basketball.

That is just awesome. Were y'all able to stay for the celebration afterwards?

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1