• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs #24 FAU Owls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 hours ago, BDYZR said:

15-2 all time. But, I think they will spend a lot more time in the paint on offense. It seems that USF is a one half team on offense. Defense, believe it or not, won this game.

they scored 86 points. 41 in the last 8 minutes. defense almost lost this game. the and ones, flagrant fouls and wide open threes in the end let them back in.

13 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

I actually go into a rematch on a neutral court in Texas with LESS confidence. I think FAU comes back much stronger against us and we don’t have that early 25 point lead to play around with. I’m worried about a potential rematch. At this point, our path to the tournament goes through winning the conference tournament, which likely means a rematch with FAU. I’m not increasingly confident we can beat them a second time. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out for us. If we can bring it together and play two full halves in the remaining games and prove to be solid heading into the postseason, my confidence will grow. Great new kind of learning experience today for this team. A lot of be proud of and a lot to look forward to. 

we let them back into that game. didn't go for the kill.

they had 16 field goals made with 10 minutes left in the game and 14 the rest of the way.

we didn't attack on offense. we kept pulling the ball out and waiting for 10 seconds left on the play clock to run our set offense. results in bad shots

hopefully we learn that we need to be aggressive until the final whistle. move the ball and keep shooting 3's

13 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Hope you're right. We won the game but FAU, after learning that the press will be problematic, will feel good about their chances. And then there is the memory of hearing "over-rated" for added motivation.  

we played passive in the last 10 minutes. think we realized a game isn't over until it's actually over.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

24 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we didn't attack on offense. we kept pulling the ball out and waiting for 10 seconds left on the play clock to run our set offense. results in bad shots

This has been my only real issue this year with this team.  I hate the hanging back until there's 10 seconds on the play clock and then the rush is on to beat the clock.  I bet we turnover the ball without a score 75% of the time in that scenario.

GO BULLS!

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

This has been my only real issue this year with this team.  I hate the hanging back until there's 10 seconds on the play clock and then the rush is on to beat the clock.  I bet we turnover the ball without a score 75% of the time in that scenario.

GO BULLS!

drives me crazy anytime a team does it. you're right. either results in a turnover or a bad shot that's rushed to beat the shot clock.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

39 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

drives me crazy anytime a team does it. you're right. either results in a turnover or a bad shot that's rushed to beat the shot clock.

Totally agree. Until it mathematically makes sense with the shot clock, amount of lead, etc. go with what got you there.  And please put your best foul shooters on the floor at that time when you do start to milk the clock.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Just got back from weekend celebrating 10 years with my bride, whom I met at a USF basketball game.  That was the best thing that ever happened to me being a Bulls basketball fan ... up until this year. 

Games are fun again.  I am looking forward to seeing where this all leads but, for now, just enjoying the ride.  Very proud of what the Bulls have done this year and they have shown they can win in many ways -- come from behind, hang on at the end, etc.  The key is they are actually winning the games instead of just coming close.  Who knew a USF team could shoot from both the three-point and the free throw lines?.  And who knew all those Dome seats could actually hold human bodies?

Truly a remarkable season.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

On 2/16/2024 at 8:42 AM, CousinRicky said:

Agree. But just talking about the optics and getting people back in the building to support the rest of the season - and next.

after the win, I am sure others will finally admit how much that win meant. A sold out building at USF delivered. This program needed that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

53 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

after the win, I am sure others will finally admit how much that win meant. A sold out building at USF delivered. This program needed that. 

Now we may see USF history when the top 25 rankings come out today. USF has never been in the men’s top 25 so this would be another amazing accomplishment