• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs #24 FAU Owls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

rotateball.gif

Game 24

South Florida Bulls

(18-5, 11-1 AAC)

vs

#24 FAU Owls

(20-5, 10-2 AAC)

USF.jpg      vs.    Owls

Presented by Florida Blue

Replica Jersey Giveaway First 1,000 Fans

Sunday, February 18, 12:00 PM EST

Tampa, Fla. Yuengling Center

TV: ESPN

Radio: USF Bulls Unlimited & broadcast locally on 102.5 FM HD-2.

Link to prediction contest

Edited by MikeG
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It’s going to be all about how we handle the big guy Goldin on Sunday. If he’s doing what he wants in the post and controlling the glass, we’ll be in trouble.

the guy will be tough to handle but we'll be fine.

we've been getting dominated in the paint all year including last night where we gave up 36 to our 16. we still won by 19.

we need to keep moving the ball and knocking down 3's. cut down on those sloppy turnovers.

10 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Absolutely agree. I watche FAU's last game and he was very dominate. Pryor can't guard him, that's for sure. I wonder who is going to have that task. Hopefully that person doesn't get into foul trouble early trying to guard him.

He'll get his points. Can't worry about that.

More worried about defending the 3.

5 of their top 6 scorers are guards who shoot the three at better than 34%.

Davis their leading scorer shoots 47% from behind the arc.

10 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Walker would be my guess. We’ll be double teaming down low no matter who is in. Pryor needs to hit the gym in April. 

don't think you give up Pryor's offense for Walker's defense. He will be difficult for their big to defend on the perimeter.

It would be a huge mistake trying to make Pryor something he is not

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

FAU is playing Temple in Boca Raton tonight on ESPN2. Hopefully they go into tons of OTs.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

don't think you give up Pryor's offense for Walker's defense. He will be difficult for their big to defend on the perimeter.

It would be a huge mistake trying to make Pryor something he is not

No matter how good your offense is, you still need to play defense. Pryor struggles against physical bigs, see Charlotte game against Jackson. 

Pryor will play because he’s obvi good, but Walker will step in if FAU’s big is feasting under the basket. 

CAAR is a high IQ coach. I’m sure he’s cooking up something for the front court defense.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

I watch few FAU games this season & I noticed UAB gave FAU’s big guy fits late in that game when it mattered. He missed tons of shots under the basket so he can get rattled imo. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No matter how good your offense is, you still need to play defense. Pryor struggles against physical bigs, see Charlotte game against Jackson. 

Pryor will play because he’s obvi good, but Walker will step in if FAU’s big is feasting under the basket. 

CAAR is a high IQ coach. I’m sure he’s cooking up something for the front court defense.

early in the year Walker played 23 minutes against CMU. Pryor 10.

The minutes have more than flipped since then and Pryor's offense is a big reason why we are winning now.

Last night we gave up 36 points in the paint. we only scored 16.

Pryor played 28 minutes and Walker played 12.

their big is going to score even if walker defends him. the question is do you limit your offense in the process.

Like I said we should worry more about their guards shooting 3's.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

27 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I agree with the feces. If FAU wins tonight and then loses to us over the weekend, there is a great chance that we will crack the AP rankings next week. Even if we only come in at 27th, winning out would more than likely put us in the top 20. Then winning all conference tournament games except the final would mean excluding a top 25 team from the NCAA tournament. Has that ever happened?

25-3 Utah State in 2003-2004 and, more ominously, a 23-9 SMU in 2013-2014. They were excluded because of their 114th ranked SOS. We are on pace for a SOS of 158th in the nation. It still remains highly unlikely that a 25-6 USF ends up making the Big Dance. The saving grace with regard to comparing us to that SMU team is that they lost their last 3 games of the season, two to ranked teams and then to Houston in the first-round of the AAC tournament. I don't believe the NET was yet a thing, but their RPI was #46 in the nation. That was a season where the American boasted tournament teams with RPI #5 - UCONN, #16 - Louisville, #22 - Cincy, and #25 - Memphis. This year's AAC, while competitive, is nowhere near that level. 

The more I look at the numbers, the more I am growing more comfortable with the fact that USF's only path to the Big Dance is to win the AAC tournament. The teams on the Bubble are currently too strong this year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

Mods, thinking it's time to put up the FAU in game thread since it has already started here.

GO BULLS!