• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs #24 FAU Owls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

It has been a very long time since I've had to plan for attending a sellout home game. Any thoughts on a good arrival time? 

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Agree. But just talking about the optics and getting people back in the building to support the rest of the season - and next.

After USF wins on Sunday I do believe they crash the Top 25 polls on Monday. And then I do believe they will sell out the YC against SMU on 2/25/24.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

It has been a very long time since I've had to plan for attending a sellout home game. Any thoughts on a good arrival time? 

CAAR was on the local news this morning & he said get their earlier than normal. I believe he said they are letting the fans in about a half hour earlier than normal so are 10 or 10:30am imo 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Agree. But just talking about the optics and getting people back in the building to support the rest of the season - and next.

our overall body of work will take care of this.

Football we got blown out in back to back games against uab and fau and I think our fanbase is pretty hopeful for the future.

I'd rather get blown out here and then win the rest of our games including aac tourney than win close and lose rest of our games. while attendance would dip initially I think it would be better in long run. can't put to much stock in one game.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,478
  • Days Won:  13

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

100% we get blown out and the causal fan that showed up for this big game is gonezo. This turn around is great, but honestly there are no big time wins. We really need one. Winning this game can make a huge difference in the future of the program. Just don't get smoked. 

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

our overall body of work will take care of this.

I'd rather get blown out here and then win the rest of our games including aac tourney than win close and lose rest of our games. while attendance would dip initially I think it would be better in long run. can't put to much stock in one game.

You do though see how a bad loss gives into the perception that this is the same old USF. Whenever we have a huge stage we typically USF it up. I think this team is different, but they need to prove it. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

You do though see how a bad loss gives into the perception that this is the same old USF. Whenever we have a huge stage we typically USF it up. I think this team is different, but they need to prove it. 

I'm not sure why people say same old usf. we have won some pretty big games in our day.

was it same old usf when we beat a top 5 wvu at home?

do we win them all? no. neither does any other program.

this is one game. don't make it out to be anything more than that.

there is a high variance when relying on 3 point shooting. it could be a blowout in either direction.

With our defense, home court advantage and the way we have been shooting, I like our chances.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Good Lord, always count on some USF fans with the histrionics. No matter what happens Sunday, this one game is not defining this USF team.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

100% yes it was, the collapse of that season was exactly what those of us who follow the program do not want to see again. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

100% yes it was, the collapse of that season was exactly what those of us who follow the program do not want to see again. 

So the same old USF will win this game and **** the bed the rest of the season .......