• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs #24 FAU Owls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:25 AM, Bull94 said:

the guy will be tough to handle but we'll be fine.

we've been getting dominated in the paint all year including last night where we gave up 36 to our 16. we still won by 19.

we need to keep moving the ball and knocking down 3's. cut down on those sloppy turnovers.

That’s true we have gotten dominated the whole year inside, the only game that we lost in the conference though the big had 20 something points.Like some one else said we need to maybe try Pryor and walker in the game at the same time, because walker can play big man better then Pryor.

Maybe we can try some zone and see if maybe they’ll be off from long range, I would try that first if I was the coach. Make them beat me from the outside and if they’re hot then adjust. 

The good thing about USF this year is we have played people close and played  great when we were down and with a lot pressure. Even the single game we lost in conference, we played bad and missed a lot free throws, we only lost that game by a couple points.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,899
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

I also have a feeling that FAU will bring a decent bunch as well. I just remember that at the football game FAU crew was pretty loud. So I'd expect them to be there and help that 10k number.

Not so sure, traveling for a BB game is different than football, you will have the locals that went there which should be about it. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Did we never play a ranked Houston, Cincy or Memphis at home?   

Of course the current record is better than in a very long time.  I guess that can influence many.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That’s a huge number.  I hope they show.  It is a noon game, may have to skip showers and breakfast.  

Supposedly they stood in line to get them 

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

3,500 student Tix tomorrow.

They better ******* show up

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Supposedly they stood in line to get them 

I sure hope so.  I’d love nothing more than to see CAAR’s campus outreach working rather than fueling the secondary market.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not so sure, traveling for a BB game is different than football, you will have the locals that went there which should be about it. 

Normally, yeah, but if we were a FF team and then ranked the following year, I think there would be plenty of us heading down to Boca for a weekend game. There may be more there than anticipated ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Normally, yeah, but if we were a FF team and then ranked the following year, I think there would be plenty of us heading down to Boca for a weekend game. There may be more there than anticipated ....

That is exactly my thinking as well. Also given that it's a noon game it's not too long of a day and get back in time for dinner.

Also they are trying wayyyy too hard to be our rival. So there's that too.

Edited by 350_BULL

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

I hope the mojo changes overnight. WBB loses and Panthers crushed the Lightning.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

That’s true we have gotten dominated the whole year inside, the only game that we lost in the conference though the big had 20 something points.Like some one else said we need to maybe try Pryor and walker in the game at the same time, because walker can play big man better then Pryor.

Maybe we can try some zone and see if maybe they’ll be off from long range, I would try that first if I was the coach. Make them beat me from the outside and if they’re hot then adjust. 

The good thing about USF this year is we have played people close and played  great when we were down and with a lot pressure. Even the single game we lost in conference, we played bad and missed a lot free throws, we only lost that game by a couple points.

I think you have to defend the 3 first and foremost. 6 of the top 8 scorers are guards who all shoot 3's at 34% or better. 2 of the 6 well over 40% including their leading scorer. Those aren't guys you let get open looks by playing zone.

UAB's big beat us at the free throw line. Only had 12 points from the field.

They only had 28 points in the paint to our 24.

They went to the line 41 times in that game.we went 19 and shot 47% from free throw line. It was such a poorly officiated game it was ridiculous. Pryor fouled out as did Hines. Knox, Miguel and Walker each finished with 4 fouls. Not going to win many games when the refs take out the better part of your lineup due to foul trouble.

Playing our style doesn't guarantee you win every game but it gives you the best chance to win.

You shoot 3's and attack the rim.  defend 3's and defend the rim.

Edited by Bull94