• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like FAU Game will be a sell out…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If it’s students i agree if it’s people like me and @T-Man we have gone out of our way to show that we take for granted that you can just get tickets anytime you want. They opened up every zone, they had tickets available within the week, people were posting about selling out, warnings were everywhere and yet we said so what who cares usf basketball tickets will always be available. There is absolutely no smart financial and marketing reason to reward negative behavior and prove once and for all that everyone is actually right and there is no time ever where one would have to worry about not being able to walk up and get tickets. Making more seats available today would be brand value destroying and if I were in ticket sales i would actually walk out over it, glad we are actually doing the smart thing today and I’m actually getting to defend athletics.

In principle, I agree with you... but the 2007 WVU game was "sold out" but sold 2,000+ SRO tickets and people could walk up and buy tickets.  So there is precedent.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jim Johnson said:

In principle, I agree with you... but the 2007 WVU game was "sold out" but sold 2,000+ SRO tickets and people could walk up and buy tickets.  So there is precedent.

The only way it would make sense to me today would be if you have to buy season tickets for next year in order to get your tickets today. 2007 football we were a startup company with crazy great trajectory trying to grab market share as we were challenging the biggest brands in the area (and could expand to 7x the capacity of the Yuengling center, which is a lot of butts in seats). USF basketball is countless decades into our business, we are who we are and you shouldn’t squander your once a score opportunity to establish that scarcity is actually possible and your tickets can occasionally have value.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

Football and basketball are 2 different animals at USF, and both are at 2 completely points in development. You want to expose as many potential future ticket buyers to the atmosphere that will hopefully be there today and SRO tix would be the smart play. You worry about supply and demand gimmicks later, when there is an ongoing demand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

The only way it would make sense to me today would be if you have to buy season tickets for next year in order to get your tickets today. 2007 football we were a startup company with crazy great trajectory trying to grab market share as we were challenging the biggest brands in the area (and could expand to 7x the capacity of the Yuengling center, which is a lot of butts in seats). USF basketball is countless decades into our business, we are who we are and you shouldn’t squander your once a score opportunity to establish that scarcity is actually possible and your tickets can occasionally have value.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Football and basketball are 2 different animals at USF, and both are at 2 completely points in development. You want to expose as many potential future ticket buyers to the atmosphere that will hopefully be there today and SRO tix would be the smart play. You worry about supply and demand gimmicks later, when there is an ongoing demand.

Two different philosophies pictured above:

1. By creating scarcity, you have the potential of increasing future demand because people will have FOMO.

2. By creating exposure, you have the potential of increasing future demand because people will become FANS.

Both sides have their merit.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

It’s completely the opposite, when you have actual demand you can play with monetizing and attendance record gimmicks because there is still a waiting list line for season tickets that will have people scared to defect. Not getting into the game does more to drive demand than an sro only ticket can ever dream of doing, what people imagine they missed out on will always be greater than reality.

• Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

This whole SRO argument is moot for the YC as there is no way to see the court from a standing position.  Different from the concourses at football.

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

1. By creating scarcity, you have the potential of increasing future demand because people will have FOMO.

2. By creating exposure, you have the potential of increasing future demand because people will become FANS.

Except anyone thinking about going today would have already been a fan and have been many times, they just believe that tickets will always be available. They don’t need exposure they need fomo and to learn that you may actually miss out if you don’t take seriously that tickets can in fact sell out.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

Something profound here but people won't know what they are missing until they know what they are missing.  Get as many exposed now and tighten up later when people know what they will be giving up.  I think that it's harder to get someone to give something up that they already have than trying to make them want it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

They do, in different capacities. For this one, special game, you want to get as many fans as possible in there. I'm not sure how this is even debatable ...

Just now, Triple B said:

They do, in different capacities. For this one, special game, you want to get as many fans as possible in there. I'm not sure how this is even debatable ...

So you are saying usf athletics without debate made a huge mistake on their biggest of days ?

5 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

This whole SRO argument is moot for the YC as there is no way to see the court from a standing position.  Different from the concourses at football.

Everywhere I look is a concourse with a wall where a person could stand and not block a view