• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like FAU Game will be a sell out…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

The hottest ticket in town is USF Basketball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Cheapest tickets on the secondary sites are about $100 to sit in the 300's after fees. Crazy.

You've got to be ****** kidding me. No way someone buys these .....

image.thumb.png.1b4de97d789f14dcbc4b79de5cb635bb.png

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Cheapest tickets on the secondary sites are about $100 to sit in the 300's after fees. Crazy.

This will be how USF football works on campus when the team is good. Our average over the years with mediocre teams is too close to the proposed OCS available seats. When the team is good and hot ticket teams come through, it's going to price most out very quickly with the limited seating and jacked up supply/demand prices. Not meaning to hijack the thread with an OCS post, but this is what will happen. Potential expansion of the on-campus football stadium needs to be massive if we ever intend (which I hope we are) on being consistently good/ in a power conference.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

25 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

This will be how USF football works on campus when the team is good. Our average over the years with mediocre teams is too close to the proposed OCS available seats. When the team is good and hot ticket teams come through, it's going to price most out very quickly with the limited seating and jacked up supply/demand prices. Not meaning to hijack the thread with an OCS post, but this is what will happen. Potential expansion of the on-campus football stadium needs to be massive if we ever intend (which I hope we are) on being consistently good/ in a power conference.

I love it when a plan comes together. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,351
  • Days Won:  43

Am I Crazy Warner Bros GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

there is a reason why pro stadiums are getting smaller. they don't care about selling $5 tickets and neither should we.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

there is a reason why pro stadiums are getting smaller. they don't care about selling $5 tickets and neither should we.

Quality not quantity! - USM Coach Bower 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

We're not talking about $5 tickets here. We're talking reasonable $20-$30 seats. If all of a sudden, demand outweighs supply in our football OCS, I guarantee you the fans on this forum will be outraged that tickets are $80-$100+ with $25-$30 parking and high concession stand prices. They'll be saying it's not worth taking their 2 kids and wife to the game when it'll cost them $300+. Because of that, that fan and his family won't get to experience USF football in person. USF doesn't have a TON of fans relative to big time programs. Those "fans" don't stick around when the team isn't great. We'll be struggling to fill up the smaller sized stadium when the team isn't in 1st place. It's a chicken or the egg scenario in creating a fanbase. The fans need to be introduced with acceptable pricing levels while the demand is low enough and that's not going to be possible if the casual fan is immediately squeezed out from instant demand with limited supply when the glory fades. Not saying we need 60k seats but if we average say 35,000-38,000 and all of a sudden we're great and we want to welcome in new fans to an additional 4500-7000 seats, prices are going to skyrocket for the casual fan looking to see the Bulls. None of you will like that. That's also going to shoot up your precious season ticket prices as well many of those on this forum complain about when pricing changes or they can't pick their favorite seat for some reason.

Edited by USFBulls12

1 minute ago, USFBulls12 said:

We're not talking about $5 tickets here. We're talking reasonable $20-$30 seats. If all of a sudden, demand outweighs supply in our football OCS, I guarantee you the fans on this forum will be outraged that tickets are $80-$100+ with $25-$30 parking and high concession stand prices. They'll be saying it's not worth taking their 2 kids and wife to the game when it'll cost them $300+. Because of that, that fan and his family won't get to experience USF football in person. USF doesn't have a TON of fans relative to big time programs. Those "fans" don't stick around when the team isn't great. We'll be struggling to fill up the smaller sized stadium when the team isn't in 1st place. It's a chicken or the egg scenario in creating a fanbase. The fans need to be introduced with acceptable pricing levels while the demand is low enough and that's not going to be possible if the casual fan is immediately squeezed out from instant demand with limited supply when the glory fades. Not saying we need 60k seats but if we average say 35,000-38,000 and all of a sudden we're great and we want to welcome in new fans to an additional 4500-7000 seats, prices are going to skyrocket for the casual fan looking to see the Bulls. None of you will like that. That's also going to shoot up your season precious ticket prices as well many of those on this forum complain about when pricing changes or they can't pick their favorite seat for some reason.

It is a good problem to have. When USF starts sustaining success with sold out stadiums I am sure they are saving room with expansion of OCS seating imo 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

We're not talking about $5 tickets here. We're talking reasonable $20-$30 seats. If all of a sudden, demand outweighs supply in our football OCS, I guarantee you the fans on this forum will be outraged that tickets are $80-$100+ with $25-$30 parking and high concession stand prices. They'll be saying it's not worth taking their 2 kids and wife to the game when it'll cost them $300+. Because of that, that fan and his family won't get to experience USF football in person. USF doesn't have a TON of fans relative to big time programs. Those "fans" don't stick around when the team isn't great. We'll be struggling to fill up the smaller sized stadium when the team isn't in 1st place. It's a chicken or the egg scenario in creating a fanbase. The fans need to be introduced with acceptable pricing levels while the demand is low enough and that's not going to be possible if the casual fan is immediately squeezed out from instant demand with limited supply when the glory fades. Not saying we need 60k seats but if we average say 35,000-38,000 and all of a sudden we're great and we want to welcome in new fans to an additional 4500-7000 seats, prices are going to skyrocket for the casual fan looking to see the Bulls. None of you will like that. That's also going to shoot up your precious season ticket prices as well many of those on this forum complain about when pricing changes or they can't pick their favorite seat for some reason.

Honestly, that is a problem that I hope to have. I hope there is a day when the lowest cost to get into a USF game is $50. That means we have success. If that means I sell a few games a season and watch it on tv, thats okay with me. 

Beats paying $10 to watch a ****** product in a stadium that is 15% full. 

• Upvote 2