• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like FAU Game will be a sell out…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, USFBulls12 said:

Well since no one from usf ticket sales was looking to me for suggestions. I said if they were smart, that’s what they would have done, sold to capacity + 1 for the hype/ headlines of a record attendance. At whatever time I posted that this morning probably minutes before tipoff, I certainly wasn’t making policy changes to ticket sales from my bedroom lol. It was obviously a retroactive discussion of whether they did or did not perform that action to ensure a new record was achieved today, even if by just 1 ticket sale. 

Got it. Since that was already over I didn’t care how many standing room tickets or whatever extra tickets they sold at that point. I took it as a suggestion that after we told people get your tickets we are going to sell out, seriously guys we are running out of tickets, hey buy this brunch package that’s running out and oh by the way we are sold out that we should toss people yet another lifeline just to make sure we hit a not horribly important record which could be hit with students if need be. 

For me letting people know that it is actually possible to miss the boat on tickets was a great message and under no circumstances should another round of tickets open up, which it didn’t.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

ELECTRIC afternoon in the YC . . . until our knucklehead students started chanting “overrated” with 10 minutes still left to play. Low basketball IQ there.  🙂

Would of been more clever to chant UNDERRATED imo. Which means USF is indeed underrated 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure if this has been said, but this is what college basketball is all about!! This is why there are schools that are just fine being a basketball first/only school. I’m glad we are winning in football agin, but college basketball can be just as fun; in my opinion anyways, haha. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

So since we normally have like 4000 fans at a game, the other 6000 fans who showed up today, what are you normally doing during the USF basketball games? Imagine if that was our regular atmosphere! 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

So since we normally have like 4000 fans at a game, the other 6000 fans who showed up today, what are you normally doing during the USF basketball games? Imagine if that was our regular atmosphere! 

I'm one of the guilty ones that doesn't go enough (2 or 3 games a season most years). My excuse is that I have a young child, a career, and live 30+ minutes from the arena. It's just tough to make a lot of the games. I really wish I could be there more often. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm one of the guilty ones that doesn't go enough (2 or 3 games a season most years). My excuse is that I have a young child, a career, and live 30+ minutes from the arena. It's just tough to make a lot of the games. I really wish I could be there more often. 

I've only been to 2 games this year. A friend gave me his tickets for yesterday's game but we couldn't make it so son-in-law and grandson got to experience it. I'm really happy they got the chance. I make no apologizes for not getting season tickets this year. Gave them up a year or two ago because the product was so hard to watch. Wanted to give it a year to see how the new coach made out. Based on the performance this year we'll probably get them next season if we can get decent seats. If not, will watch on the + as we've been doing this year. It's a lot to get down there for every men's and women's games.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I've only been to 2 games this year. A friend gave me his tickets for yesterday's game but we couldn't make it so son-in-law and grandson got to experience it. I'm really happy they got the chance. I make no apologizes for not getting season tickets this year. Gave them up a year or two ago because the product was so hard to watch. Wanted to give it a year to see how the new coach made out. Based on the performance this year we'll probably get them next season if we can get decent seats. If not, will watch on the + as we've been doing this year. It's a lot to get down there for every men's and women's games.

buy the tixs. Its worth it. Call a rep and get on the waiting list now. I am sure they will find you solid seats.

We typically buy GA, but im looking into 101 next year. My fat ass needs the cushion on the seats. lol

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

buy the tixs. Its worth it. Call a rep and get on the waiting list now. I am sure they will find you solid seats.

We typically buy GA, but im looking into 101 next year. My fat ass needs the cushion on the seats. lol

Already talked to John. Got to wait until they go thru the process of letting current members relocate so can't do it until May.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Here to eat crow. Weeks ago I said no way we sell out the noon game against FAU. I thought a noon start would be too hard to overcome. 

Glad to be wrong, and owning it here. (I don't remember what thread I said it in)

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here to eat crow. Weeks ago I said no way we sell out the noon game against FAU. I thought a noon start would be too hard to overcome. 

Glad to be wrong, and owning it here. (I don't remember what thread I said it in)

I was right there with you. I think I said 0%. I have been right less often than a weather man lately.

• Like 1