• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest AP Poll - USF basketball getting votes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, cophbulls said:

omg....i love the Bulls and I will take all the positive press we can get but no way a team who has a Net ranking of 103 and an RPI of 74 with a SOS of 161st be essentially the 41st ranked team in the country. These voters don't really pay attention, all they see is a record. I shouldn't complain but I do it when other teams are "ranked" higher than they should be so i guess turnabout is fair play. It would be hilarious(and awesome) if we get in the dance.  

Excuse me sir. 40 in one poll. Put some respek on their name

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually, when you think about it, the voter rankings sometimes make more sense at times because they're a more current reflection of a team. We've got 5 losses, 4 within the first 6 games of a new coach with a rebuilt team. I'm assuming that, along with our overall SOS, plays a significant part of what's killing our NET. What are the odds that we lose those 4 games if we played them right now? Where would/should we be voter ranked if we were sitting at 21-1?

A 21-1 USF team is likely ranked somewhere between #8 and 13 in the country. I say this based upon 21-3 South Carolina being ranked at #11. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, cophbulls said:

omg....i love the Bulls and I will take all the positive press we can get but no way a team who has a Net ranking of 103 and an RPI of 74 with a SOS of 161st be essentially the 41st ranked team in the country. These voters don't really pay attention, all they see is a record. I shouldn't complain but I do it when other teams are "ranked" higher than they should be so i guess turnabout is fair play. It would be hilarious(and awesome) if we get in the dance.  

Since December 5th USF is 15-1 and FAU is 12-4. Granted, FAU has better a win in there (Arizona), but also has a really bad loss to FGCU. It is not easy to go win in today's college basketball night-in and night-out. USF's resume over the last 2.5 months is better than at least one team that is currently ranked in the top 25. The American may not be elite, but it is a tough conference in that most teams are at least serviceable and competitive. If USF takes care of business and ends up knocking off FAU, I don't see any reason to gripe with their receiving recognition for going 17-1 over their last 18 games. After all, the top 25 is ceremonial in nature and there is nothing wrong with celebrating the accomplishments of a team that has defied the odds this season and put up some pretty solid wins in the process. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

I think the American can have 4-5 teams who can be more than competitive in March. 

USF, FAU, Charlotte, Memphis

Would be easy to give UNT and UAB a look too. Those teams are good. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,368
  • Days Won:  43

This is crazy !!!! 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

A 21-1 USF team is likely ranked somewhere between #8 and 13 in the country. I say this based upon 21-3 South Carolina being ranked at #11. 

SC has multiple top 25 wins though so I think if we were 21-1 with our scheduoe we be right around 20 to 25 now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

17 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

SC has multiple top 25 wins though so I think if we were 21-1 with our scheduoe we be right around 20 to 25 now.

That’s definitely more in line with what I was thinking. SOS, I think, still plays a key role and USCe has to have a lot higher one, but when you’re talking human voters who knows. The Comeback Kids narrative may have more of an effect on them. 

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

You are probably correct that I overestimated where a 21-1 USF would be ranked. However, Memphis was ranked #10 at the time we played them. IMO, we would have been ranked after beating them. Going 7-0 since then and being 21-1, I have to imagine that we would have climbed to somewhere around #15. Indiana State is 19-3 with no ranked wins and they currently sit at 23/24. 

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That’s definitely more in line with what I was thinking. SOS, I think, still plays a key role and USCe has to have a lot higher one, but when you’re talking human voters who knows. The Comeback Kids narrative may have more of an effect on them. 

USCe's non-conference SOS was substantially worse than ours #297 v. #184. Their current overall SOS is #129 v. our #162. We would have had a 2 week head start on them in the polls. We wouldn't have jumped as high or as fast, but we definitely would be top 20, possibly as high as #15 at 21-1. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,045
  • Days Won:  38

USF is all the rage