• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated NET Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

On 2/27/2024 at 5:45 PM, USF_Bullsharks said:

You win a few games early big, your NET jumps (especially when other teams may be playing big OOC scheduled games early in the season).

Well if that's the gimmick then I don't fault anyone for exploiting it.  That's why it helps to carefully think things out first before deploying dumb stuff.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/27/2024 at 5:34 PM, belgianbull said:

I don't know it just sounds as someone who is coaching a 19-8 , 9-7  ACC team, who is looking like they might not make it to the NCAAT, making excuses. Teams that are not included in the final 68 usually have themselves to blame and it comes down to a loss here or there.

Maybe if he was the only one saying it. But The Athletic had a piece a few weeks before he gave this quote saying essentially the same thing. Might be where he got the idea.

On another note, Memphis getting their **** together means we have a Quad 1 win back

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Up to 79 in the NET 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

ESPN:  "USF now a lock to make the NCAA Tournament even if they falter in conference play (tournament)."

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, abochner said:

ESPN:  "USF now a lock to make the NCAA Tournament even if they falter in conference play (tournament)."

Heck yeah! But I do believe USF must beat Tulane & Tulsa. And that loss in the AAC tournament if that happens should be against either Memphis, FAU, or Charlotte imo. But heck! Let’s just watch USF win the AAC tournament to remove any doubt 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

12 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Heck yeah! But I do believe USF must beat Tulane & Tulsa. And that loss in the AAC tournament if that happens should be against either Memphis, FAU, or Charlotte imo. But heck! Let’s just watch USF win the AAC tournament to remove any doubt 

100% cant lose to Tulsa or Tulane. That will sink us in the NET. Those are must win games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

100% cant lose to Tulsa or Tulane. That will sink us in the NET. Those are must win games.

And NOW the Bulls own the longest current win streak in the country, as St. Mary lost to Gonzaga Saturday. So that will be on the lips of play-by-play voices everywhere...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

How are we still 30 places behind SMU? They are 0-4 against quad 1 teams, 6 conference losses and we beat them head-to-head.

NET is a farce.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

12 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

How are we still 30 places behind SMU? They are 0-4 against quad 1 teams, 6 conference losses and we beat them head-to-head.

NET is a farce.

It certainly doesn't seem to be a good indicator of USF's overall strength at this point, that is for sure. Our RPI ranking of #39 and ELO of #25 are probably better indicators where this team currently stands. Our Strength of Record is currently #49 and is an indicator of how close to the cutline we would be if the tournament started today. The Bulls can likely only afford to lose in the conference tourney final and still hope to get an at-large. Right now, I am pulling for Memphis to beat FAU and Charlotte to lose one more so that Memphis moves up to the #3 seed. Then we would get to play the #8/9 winner and then, likely, the winner of #4/5 (Charlotte/SMU/UAB). Win those and then we would face the FAU/Memphis winner in the conference tournament final. If that is the case, the FAU v. Memphis game would likely be an NCAA tournament bid eliminator game. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

30 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

NET is a farce.

SMU is 2-8, we're 6-3 against against Quad 1/2. We're both 16-2 against Quad 3/4 ..... it is indeed a farce in this case. Don't know if the AAC gets any at large bids but there's no way in hell SMU gets one over us.

• Upvote 3