• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

WWW.AL.COM

Battie appeared in each of Auburn’s 13 games in 2023, rushing for 227 yards and touchdown on 51 carries.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

29 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Dude took the 6-figure payday and ran before ever really giving Goach a chance. Can't say I blame Goach for denying the return.

This is my line of thinking as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

Would have loved to have Battie back, but I understand the decision.

Hopefully we can get another RB through the portal since I am not convinced that its an area of strength for us

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,415
  • Days Won:  3

Good. Moving on...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I don't blame him. For about $250,000 I could even be a UCF fan. 

I also don't blame coach for saying no. In the end I trust coach and USF to do what is best for USF. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

Coach has his reasons, but don't understand all the "he quit on the team" comments.  A football scholarship is a 1 year deal.  Nothing is guaranteed.  The coach decides to extend each year.  Unlike Weaver, Battie played out the season before transferring.   I can't fault him for going somewhere else for the money.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Coach has his reasons, but don't understand all the "he quit on the team" comments.  A football scholarship is a 1 year deal.  Nothing is guaranteed.  The coach decides to extend each year.  Unlike Weaver, Battie played out the season before transferring.   I can't fault him for going somewhere else for the money.  

I don't think anyone is meaning to fault Battie or even blaming him for following the money. However, at USF we are going to struggle losing players to the portal every year. If the culture is that they can just leave risk-free and come back if things don't work out, that would lead to a lot more departures and uncertainty year in and year out. The example Coach is setting here is more important than any single year results.

Edited by BULLSHTR
typo

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

I don't believe he quit on the team at all.

I do believe that he didn't give Coach and the new staff a chance, which is pretty surprising seeing as to the offense that we would be running and how beneficial it would have be for Brian.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

Well he is going back to Auburn. Last year he had surgery in the offseason which to me held him back. This time he has a full offseason. He should have a better year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Good on Goach.  I disagree with letting the team decide as many have said.  What if 40% of the team didn't want him back?  That would be a bad locker room situation.

• Upvote 1