• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Scheduling Strategy and Input

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Think it's a combination from what I understood.

Make It Rain Money GIF

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

16 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I sure hope so.  Back in the day a huge deal was made of priority points which included how much you donated, spent on tickets and actual attendance scans.  Did this system just go by the wayside?

Points are still used. They are a secondary mechanism of priority with the donor level being the primary.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Points are still used. They are a secondary mechanism of priority with the donor level being the primary.

Thanks @John Lewis.  The real question is if I've been a low- to mid-level donor with season tickets for the last 20 years, I've actually used my tickets 90% of the time (got scanned), and I go to 2 away games per year buying from USF, does that history affect my priority in seating at the OCS and away games or is the current level of donation primarily the driving factor regardless of history.  I just feel this needs to be a little more transparent.  I believe we used to be able to see in terms of priority points, we were #1,075 out of 22,000 people who had accounts with any point activity.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

The level of Donation is the driving factor for benefits. Priority points within the level differentiate those within the same level.

We have had numerous discussions about stadium seating priority and I believe that the level of donation is not going to be the factor to determine the order. Should hopefully have more information on that in the spring.

• Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

16 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The level of Donation is the driving factor for benefits. Priority points within the level differentiate those within the same level.

We have had numerous discussions about stadium seating priority and I believe that the level of donation is not going to be the factor to determine the order. Should hopefully have more information on that in the spring.

I heard a rumor that we were going to rent the smallest trailer ever built and park it outside the Yuengling Center and let people come in one by one to pick their seats spread out over many months. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I heard a rumor that we were going to rent the smallest trailer ever built and park it outside the Yuengling Center and let people come in one by one to pick their seats spread out over many months. 

They need to put it down close to the construction site. Kinda nostalgic being as it all started in a trailer down there.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

They need to put it down close to the construction site. Kinda nostalgic being as it all started in a trailer down there.

The trailer I mentioned was real, we did it in 1998 as we moved from Tampa Stadium to Ray Jay. Me, John, Jim Louk and others worked it meeting with all of our season ticket holders. 

It couldn't handle the summer heat, so it got really hot after lunch. 

• Go Bulls! 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  12,616

5 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Do you think any season ticket holders that have had tickets for years will be left out because of the size or are they prioritizing long-term ticket holders over new season ticket holders ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Do you think any season ticket holders that have had tickets for years will be left out because of the size or are they prioritizing long-term ticket holders over new season ticket holders ?

No. Anyone who’s a season ticket holder when they start selling them for the ocs will get in if they want. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

With the capacity of our new stadium we will have to play/schedule the bigger teams for RayJay.  Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida, FSU, etc won't play at our on campus stadium.  I imagine most SEC teams wouldn't either, aside from Vandy and maybe Kentucky.  Not that  we play too many Big 10 teams at home but most of those wouldn't be on campus either.  Always thought we should build for at least 40,000.  But what do I know?