• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Did you not listen to the press conference? Based on practice the players that are out there are the ones that deserve to be playing.

If what we are seeing with the ones playing is what they are doing in practice, I find it very hard to believe that the others are doing worse. Sorry, I am not buying it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, panchosanchez99 said:

If what we are seeing with the ones playing is what they are doing in practice, I find it very hard to believe that the others are doing worse. Sorry, I am not buying it.

So he's trying to implode the program?  Do you really believe if he thought the others gave him a better chance that they wouldn't be playing. 

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So he's trying to implode the program?  Do you really believe if he thought the others gave him a better chance that they wouldn't be playing. 

No where did I say he is trying to implode the program. Many coaches are stubborn; they will sit players for many different reasons that are unrelated to their skill level. For example, 2 games ago, I saw him yelling at Levy as she walked off the court during a timeout. Levy pretty much ignored him as she walked off; he was walking behind her yelling. If a coach expects that a player stop and turn to the coach, the coach may decide to sit that player because of a lack of respect. I was actually quite surprised that she did that and quite surprised that she played so many minutes last night. I have no idea what the deal was; I am just citing an example of why a coach would sit a better player. Some players are not as "yes sir" "no sir" as others. Another example could be a good player being benched because she does not get along well with other players. There are many reasons to sit your better players. Some coaches are also unwilling to change from their coaching philosophy as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,611
  • Content Count:  74,532
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

It's not just in practice. Did you listen to his presser or not? He appeared to be biting his tongue to not call out specific "guys" play in the game .... don't recall if he used it in his presser but he did in the radio post game interview and that's individual accountability.

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Did you not listen to the press conference? Based on practice the players that are out there are the ones that deserve to be playing.

I don’t agree with Pancho on - well - pretty much anything, but (regardless of practice) my eyes tell me that Marina would be a more productive PG than Ariel at this point. You’ll give up some defense, but she seems fairly strong with the ball and she’ll probably give you 8-10 points a night - maybe more some nights. Jose does what he does and he’s usually right. The man is a legend, but this one feels a bit like loyalty over potential. Just watching the games the way I do, I’d like to see some extended minutes for Marina for 3-4 games and see what she does. It’s not like the offense is running really well with Ariel managing the game, if that’s the concern. Everyone is going to guard Vittoria hard at the 3-point line, so you need another threat there to open it up for her a bit more. Marina is a much better option there over Ariel, for sure.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

It's not just in practice. Did you listen to his presser or not? He appeared to be biting his tongue to not call out specific "guys" play in the game .... don't recall if he used it in his presser but he did in the radio post game interview and that's individual accountability.

I mentioned practice because I was replying to someone else's post about the players on the court getting the playing time because of what they do in practice. Maybe you should have directed your reply to me at him. It was he who mentioned practice.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don’t agree with Pancho on - well - pretty much anything, but (regardless of practice) my eyes tell me that Marina would be a more productive PG than Ariel at this point. You’ll give up some defense, but she seems fairly strong with the ball and she’ll probably give you 8-10 points a night - maybe more some nights. Jose does what he does and he’s usually right. The man is a legend, but this one feels a bit like loyalty over potential. Just watching the games the way I do, I’d like to see some extended minutes for Marina for 3-4 games and see what she does. It’s not like the offense is running really well with Ariel managing the game, if that’s the concern. Everyone is going to guard Vittoria hard at the 3-point line, so you need another threat there to open it up for her a bit more. Marina is a much better option there over Ariel, for sure.

And which game was Blasigh's best game, by far? The game with Puisis, which allowed teams to back off of her and pay more attention to Puisis. So, yes, get a better scoring option at PG and get better productivity from Blasigh. The end result is that you get offensive improvement from two spots with just one replacement.

And like I said before, there is more to this than what we are being told; and CJF is not obligated to tell us every little thing. However, I don't believe for a second that he believes he is putting the best players on the floor. And as you said, I think part of the issue is loyalty and promises.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

And which game was Blasigh's best game, by far? The game with Puisis, which allowed teams to back off of her and pay more attention to Puisis. So, yes, get a better scoring option at PG and get better productivity from Blasigh. The end result is that you get offensive improvement from two spots with just one replacement.

And like I said before, there is more to this than what we are being told; and CJF is not obligated to tell us every little thing. However, I don't believe for a second that he believes he is putting the best players on the floor. And as you said, I think part of the issue is loyalty and promises.

I’d take CousinRicky up on his offer to go to the Hardwood Club pre-game. It’s a great opportunity to ask CJF questions.  Asked him last night about the new teams in the conference, and got a great response.  Worth the price of admission, as they say…

Go Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

I’d take CousinRicky up on his offer to go to the Hardwood Club pre-game. It’s a great opportunity to ask CJF questions.  Asked him last night about the new teams in the conference, and got a great response.  Worth the price of admission, as they say…

Go Bulls

Traveling with the team and about 20+ other fans to the Tulane game today. If we lose 2 conference games in a row the plane home won't need any jet fuel. CJF's anger might be enough energy to get us back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1