• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, JoeB said:

Jose gets a pass.  This team is probably his worst in the last 10 years, but he's had the best program overall at USF and it's not even close.

He has a multi-year pass 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

She does have a good handle and is an excellent defender, but I think her lack of offense - or even unwillingness to take a look at the basket - really hurts at this point because there just aren’t a lot of options. At the very least, Marina should probably be splitting minutes with Ariel. But Jose does what he needs to and it’s really hard to second guess him at this point. They’re going to struggle this year and still probably win 20 games.

His radio post game interview pretty much says it all. It's on Bulls Unlimited but I don't know how to link a podcast. No one knows his team better than he does ..... Among other things he talks about playing the way you practice, missing layups individual accountability, singles out Wilson for a compliment and ends it with "The guys that are playing are going to play". If I have to play 6, I'll play 6. If I have to play 7, I'll play 7."

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

One issue I had last night was not taking opportunities to draw fouls on them. I don’t know how many times they had a Charlotte girl in the air and sidestep them. 

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

In 15 games, our leading scorer, Blasigh, has shot at least 50% from the floor in only 3 games. In the 12 other games, she is 46 for 139 (33%). Not good!

Our second leading scorer, Brito, has shot at least 50% in 5 games. In the other 10 games, she is 35 for 98 (36%) from the floor. Not good!

Our point guard, Wilson, who has played more minutes than everyone except Blasigh, has scored 0 point in 8 of 15 games. She is 7 for 37 (19%) from the floor. If you are an opposing coach, what would be your game plan?

If I am an opposing coach, I am going to leave Wilson alone and pressure Blasigh and Brito. Unless these two are wide open, they will force shots and turn the ball over.

I am afraid that if this lineup continue as is, we will lose many of our remaining games.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

His radio post game interview pretty much says it all. It's on Bulls Unlimited but I don't know how to link a podcast. No one knows his team better than he does ..... Among other things he talks about playing the way you practice, missing layups individual accountability, singles out Wilson for a compliment and ends it with "The guys that are playing are going to play". If I have to play 6, I'll play 6. If I have to play 7, I'll play 7."

His post game presser touches on points from the interview. CJF not used to losing home conf games or OT games ...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

That is one unhappy coach. Unhappy with a lot of his team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I am happy to see so many starting to comment on this. I have been beating a dead horse since last year and wondering why no one was saying anything. When we go into a game, we are conceding having a 5th scorer; we are basically telling teams that we are going to play you without a 5th scorer. It was clear midway through the season last year when I saw teams leaving Wilson wide open to double Tsineke and Dulcy. I am sorry to say that any other guard on this roster would be a better option than Wilson.

And Emma needs to be getting more minutes; don't understand what is happening there. Blasigh, despite being an accurate shooter is probably an average scorer at best. She and Brito also turn the ball over at an incredibly high rate.

Tell you what. One game when my wife isn't going, you come with me to the Hardwood Club before the game. Coach comes down and talks to us 1/2 hour before gametime. He takes questions after a brief review of the prior game and what to expect for that game.

You can ask him why Wilson gets the majority of the minutes. But I'm telling you now his answer will be handling the ball and defense. You need to accept that his why he does it. If he thought Marina was the better option she'd be in there. 24 years as head coach he probably knows what's best for the team. This is like the backup QB being the most popular player on a football team.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

His post game presser touches on points from the interview. CJF not used to losing home conf games or OT games ...

He says Charlotte knew who to guard and who not to guard. Really? Every opponent since early last season knew that. And guess what, if he sticks with the same lineup, every remaining opponent will know that as well. The fact that CJF knows this and continues to go with the same lineup is unbelievable. If a team decides that they are not going to guard certain players, and you cannot capitalize on that, you should not be coaching the team. I am sorry, but I don't think passes should be given based on past performance. It's one thing if you just don't have the talent; however, the talent is sitting on the bench for some reason. In any other profession, if you suddenly stopped performing well, you will pay the consequences.

CJF also said in a press conference at the start of the year that we would not see the best players on the court. What? I can understand if you want your best unit, but we are not seeing the best unit. In what world does Emma play less than last year, with worse players on the squad this year? There is no way that I have Brito playing before Emma. There is no way that I would have Brito playing before Aarnio, who is the same height as Brito, better ball handler, better shooter, and better skilled. If I have to tell Aarnio that I need her at Brito's position, that is what I am doing.

Why is Mputo no longer getting any minutes? She was developing into a very good low post player. If coach plays his best 5, we would have a much better record. And in my opinion, his best 5, without Puisis, is Lutje, Levy, Johansson, Blasigh, and Aarnio. That's the 5 that I would work with and develop.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Tell you what. One game when my wife isn't going, you come with me to the Hardwood Club before the game. Coach comes down and talks to us 1/2 hour before gametime. He takes questions after a brief review of the prior game and what to expect for that game.

You can ask him why Wilson gets the majority of the minutes. But I'm telling you now his answer will be handling the ball and defense. You need to accept that his why he does it. If he thought Marina was the better option she'd be in there. 24 years as head coach he probably knows what's best for the team. This is like the backup QB being the most popular player on a football team.

Handling the ball and defense. So what? You weigh the pros and cons. To what extent do you sacrifice the offense because a player is perhaps the best defensive and ball-handling option? You have your 2 highest scorers shooting poorly from the floor and a third who can't score. Where does that leave you? 

We have stats to argue the statement that Wilson is in the game because of better ball handling. She turns the ball over at twice the rate as Asensio. Offensively, Asensio destroys her across the board in every category. There is more to it than what he says; there has to be.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

He says Charlotte knew who to guard and who not to guard. Really? Every opponent since early last season knew that. And guess what, if he sticks with the same lineup, every remaining opponent will know that as well. The fact that CJF knows this and continues to go with the same lineup is unbelievable. If a team decides that they are not going to guard certain players, and you cannot capitalize on that, you should not be coaching the team. I am sorry, but I don't think passes should be given based on past performance. It's one thing if you just don't have the talent; however, the talent is sitting on the bench for some reason. In any other profession, if you suddenly stopped performing well, you will pay the consequences.

CJF also said in a press conference at the start of the year that we would not see the best players on the court. What? I can understand if you want your best unit, but we are not seeing the best unit. In what world does Emma play less than last year, with worse players on the squad this year? There is no way that I have Brito playing before Emma. There is no way that I would have Brito playing before Aarnio, who is the same height as Brito, better ball handler, better shooter, and better skilled. If I have to tell Aarnio that I need her at Brito's position, that is what I am doing.

Why is Mputo no longer getting any minutes? She was developing into a very good low post player. If coach plays his best 5, we would have a much better record. And in my opinion, his best 5, without Puisis, is Lutje, Levy, Johansson, Blasigh, and Aarnio. That's the 5 that I would work with and develop.

Did you not listen to the press conference? Based on practice the players that are out there are the ones that deserve to be playing.