• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Cmr3 said:

Wilson just dribbles around the court in circles, considering she’s a tall point guard at 5’10 she should be driving in all these smaller guards.

She dribbles as part of the plays that Jose calls. But I concede that when she can penetrate she's looking to pass, not shoot.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

She dribbles as part of the plays that Jose calls. But I concede that when she can penetrate she's looking to pass, not shoot.

Yes I know I get it, but I been Watching her the pass 2-3years and sometimes she literally dribbles in circles when there is no open player. She would be in the 3 point area and dribble all the way under the rim (passing the rim) and come back all the way to where she started. That’s for sure not a play, just no one is open. She has to bully these 5’6 ,5’7, 5’8 point guards and drive on them. 

Edited by Cmr3

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

Yes I know I get it, but I been Watching her the pass 2-3years and sometimes she literally dribbles in circles when there is no open player. She would be in the 3 point area and dribble all the way under the rim (passing the rim) and come back all the way to where she started. That’s for sure not a play, just no one is open. She has to bully these 5’6 ,5’7, 5’8 point guards and drive on them. 

She does have a good handle and is an excellent defender, but I think her lack of offense - or even unwillingness to take a look at the basket - really hurts at this point because there just aren’t a lot of options. At the very least, Marina should probably be splitting minutes with Ariel. But Jose does what he needs to and it’s really hard to second guess him at this point. They’re going to struggle this year and still probably win 20 games.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

Wilson just dribbles around the court in circles, considering she’s a tall point guard at 5’10 she should be driving in all these smaller guards. She’s been playing college basketball for 5 years I’m surprised she hasn’t perfected something offensively in that time. 

I think Sammie would have been our only hope.I’m not really to sure she’s great at getting her own shot, but she would be the best player on the team if she was on the court. 

Jose has always had a go to player that closes the game or makes the crucial shot. Not this year though. 

She only 5'7. I touched on this many times. I have no idea why they continue to list her as 5'10 when she is one of the shortest player on the team.

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Gonna be a frustrating year for Jose. If they’re not making threes, they don’t have much going. There’s zero in the post and although Wilson is a great defender, they can’t afford to have her on the floor this much when they don’t really have many offensive options. Feels to me like he needs to commit to Marina at PG and just ride with it.

So unUSF-like team. They take bad shots, make silly passes, miss layups, etc. not stuff we’re used to seeing from Jose’s teams. It has to be killing him.

I am happy to see so many starting to comment on this. I have been beating a dead horse since last year and wondering why no one was saying anything. When we go into a game, we are conceding having a 5th scorer; we are basically telling teams that we are going to play you without a 5th scorer. It was clear midway through the season last year when I saw teams leaving Wilson wide open to double Tsineke and Dulcy. I am sorry to say that any other guard on this roster would be a better option than Wilson.

And Emma needs to be getting more minutes; don't understand what is happening there. Blasigh, despite being an accurate shooter is probably an average scorer at best. She and Brito also turn the ball over at an incredibly high rate.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Next season should be better 

1 hour ago, Cmr3 said:

considering she’s a tall point guard at 5’10

Just in case you have doubts about her only being 5'7".

GOUSFBULLS.COM

The Bulls look to finish their nonconference home slate undefeated.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i tried to watch last night

very hard

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

Bigger picture: USF WBB under Coach Fernandez is a program I don't worry about, meaning that if we have a down year, I know it isn't a trend. 

We lost our 3 best playes from last year (end of eligibility/turned pro, plus Sammie getting hurt). We added some good pieces, but right now, what we added doesn't equal what we lost. 

Going to have lots of games come down to the wire this year. The regular season is just positioning for the conference tournament, as the AAC is a 1 bid league. Lets work on getting better and hope for a hot hand at the AAC tourney. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, smazza said:

i tried to watch last night

very hard

That’s not the team we’ve been seeing for the past decade. But it’s a temporary inconvenience, as Mike said.

• Upvote 1