• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF getting TONS of mentions on Bama/Michigan CFP pregame (Bulls to SEC? lol)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Can’t hurt.  I still think our only “real” chance out of the G5 is the ACC and just as it seems it might happen, the ACC implodes like the PAC.  Always 2 steps behind…. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

That one stings. If we played that game later in the season might have been a win... whatever we lost and need to pick it up for next year at their house. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

I'll take whatever publicity at this point.  The hype train is fueling up for next year.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I've been saying this, but Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama are all major football states and currently have two SEC teams in each. Florida is arguably the 2nd biggest football state (behind Texas) and only has one team. I could see a path where USF is added to the SEC as the second Florida team to try and secure more of the state's football market. Pipe dream for sure, but the argument is there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

I've been saying this, but Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama are all major football states and currently have two SEC teams in each. Florida is arguably the 2nd biggest football state (behind Texas) and only has one team. I could see a path where USF is added to the SEC as the second Florida team to try and secure more of the state's football market. Pipe dream for sure, but the argument is there.

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/1/2024 at 4:37 PM, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

The Bama/Michigan Rose Bowl CFP pregame has repeatedly mentioned the Bama/USF game as THE defining moment of Jalen Milroe’s career & Bama’s football program this season.

Milroe said, near direct quote, “my favorite moment of the season was the USF game. that’s where we found out the DNA of this team & what we needed to do to win… we learned to play for the guys next to you…”

im not a “moral victory” kinda guy, but our game against Bama earned us TONS of positive coverage & at least half a dozen mentions from Bama players AND the pregame commentators on HEAVILY watched national TV.

millions of people in bars & at barbecues just heard “USF” mentioned repeatedly with video clips of our game peppered in.

USF to SEC? 😅😅😅

I work with lots of bama, Florida, fsu alums and they been praising USF ever since the bama game. We have all the momentum coming into next year, I expect us to make a serious run for the conference championship. 

• Go Bulls! 1

1 minute ago, Bullgang said:

I work with lots of bama, Florida, fsu alums and they been praising USF ever since the bama game. We have all the momentum coming into next year, I expect us to make a serious run for the conference championship. 

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Bullgang said:

Funny how that loss overshadows blowout losses to WKU and FAU.

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Funny how that loss overshadows blowout losses to WKU and FAU.

WKU was game 1 but you do have to worry about UAB.