• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poor Timmy McClain . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Lemme axe you a quextion...outside of a peninsular interest, do you think anyone buys the "National Championship" marketing schtick? The reason I ask is, in discussions within my sphere of CFB amigos, UCF being undefeated doesn't enter the conversation. Just like Tulane in the late twentieth century...yeah, undefeated, but ... 

Must be some of that Orlando, WWE BS.  We all know the real champions reside in Tampa -- livin' the American Dream!

image.jpeg.e94f090e36d2e3f494a807116765d0c8.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

Idk, don’t really care about Timmy. He left, and we are better for it. He could have been a starter here, but doubt Byrum would have stuck around. We may have won enough to keep Scott too.

jurassic park life GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Idk, don’t really care about Timmy. He left, and we are better for it. He could have been a starter here, but doubt Byrum would have stuck around. We may have won enough to keep Scott too.

jurassic park life GIF

It all worked out for the better. We got a better coach and qb. I am not sure any one player could win enough games to save Scott .

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

On 1/1/2024 at 5:38 PM, Triple B said:

This guy's nothing like Timmy ....

With five years of experience with the Razorbacks, he’s one of the most established names at his position in the sport. He’s thrown for 7,923 yards and 67 touchdowns with just 18 interceptions. The former four-star recruit in the class of 2019 has 39 career starts, touting a 20-19 overall record.

10 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

What? Touting? Hilarious 

When comparing records to Timmy you can tout a 20-19 one ....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

When comparing records to Timmy you can tout a 20-19 one ....

Arkansas saw qb to Ucif and UCIF qb to Arkansas State.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

On 1/1/2024 at 5:01 PM, Brad said:

Impressive.  

Have you seen USF’s record the last four years?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

Once a Bull always a Bull! I for one will be rooting for the Arkansas State Red Wolves, can’t wait to see him in the Big House taking on Michigan early in the season, Go Timmy!

• Crying 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Do you think college football was always this tough? By that I mean, the relentless pursuit of playing time. I think there used to be guys - and maybe, to a degree - there still are, who make the team and never see playing time over the course of their career. Yeah, you're good. Just not that good. And with every summer comes a new kid that the coaches believe has more talent than you. Maybe I never paid that level of attention before, or maybe it happened and just wasn't as publicized to the degree capable via the interwebs. But I s'pose, if it's all perfectly legal and acceptable, why not continue to try to put together a substantive highlight reel? There was a Netflix series, some years back, called QB1 which followed a collection of top-tier high school QB's through their senior years. It was good back story material as we watched them in college, and their subsequent transfers before making it to the NFL. Now it seems like an additional form of entertainment is tuning in to other games to see how so-and-so is fairing post transfer. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Do you think college football was always this tough? By that I mean, the relentless pursuit of playing time. I think there used to be guys - and maybe, to a degree - there still are, who make the team and never see playing time over the course of their career. Yeah, you're good. Just not that good. And with every summer comes a new kid that the coaches believe has more talent than you. Maybe I never paid that level of attention before, or maybe it happened and just wasn't as publicized to the degree capable via the interwebs. But I s'pose, if it's all perfectly legal and acceptable, why not continue to try to put together a substantive highlight reel? There was a Netflix series, some years back, called QB1 which followed a collection of top-tier high school QB's through their senior years. It was good back story material as we watched them in college, and their subsequent transfers before making it to the NFL. Now it seems like an additional form of entertainment is tuning in to other games to see how so-and-so is fairing post transfer. 

Having to sit out a year was the deterrent to transferring, once that was removed it became the Wild West.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Having to sit out a year was the deterrent to transferring, once that was removed it became the Wild West.

Covid changed the transfer rules for worse. There is practically infinite transfers where you don't have to sit out and there were over aged super-seniors than ever before. Many teams had guys that have been playing their 6th,7th,8th, and in so.r case 9th year of college football eligibility.  Any time the ncaa tries to reel in the transfer portal they got hit with another lawsuit and lose.

Edited by Outlaw