• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Stadium Glow Up: More Attractive to P4?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I actually read this whole thing and agree with your assessment almost completely. I said a long time ago that we're a decade behind the times and the NIL is/will be the most important thing. A better conference would be nice but if you can pay players enough $$$ you'll bring in the talent no matter the location of the stadium.

Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

The idea of building your way to improvement is dated, we cannot go back 20 years ago simply because we think we missed out and need to focus on what is working in the times in which we exist.  My biggest issue is it feels like we are trying to build our brand via Ken Blanchard instead of utilizing the unprecedented times in which we live that amazingly let you change your fortunes immediately. Unfortunately for us fortuna favors the bold and allows herself to be mastered by the adventurous and not the cautious; we are ruled by the cautious.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, michibull said:

As for an OCS, I’ll keep it brief. Nearly all G5 schools have an OCS, depending on how good the team is, is how good the attendance is. Regardless of conference affiliation, we will have a football team. To that point, from a team, school, student and alumni experience, an OCS is better, so build it; plain a simple. The stadium will be paid off so let’s not cry about the “last strike”, we will have a football team regardless, so give them a real home and our current students and alumni a reason to come back.

That's really what it all boils down to, bottom line. College football is meant to be played on college campuses and it's great that it's finally able to be done here ...... it may or may not help with expansion and there's no logical rationale that it has any bearing on winning/losing. Those are 2 other separate issues.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

That's really what it all boils down to, bottom line. College football is meant to be played on college campuses and it's great that it's finally able to be done here ...... it may or may not help with expansion and there's no logical rationale that it has any bearing on winning/losing. Those are 2 other separate issues.

100%!! College football is supposed to be played on campus, in front of students and alumni!! @puc86 and @CousinRicky, you two are spot on when you look at it from the business side (and believe me, I know college football is a business). That said, the proper way to live life, is being in the moment, TRY and plan for the future while only look in the past to learn from mistakes and to remember where you were (as a bench mark on your own personal progress). This stadium is good for the current team, students and alumni, we honestly cannot predict where college football will be or where we will be playing, so right now they are building a 35k stadium for n campus with the ability to expand in the future. It seems to me that they learned from the past, building for the present and planned on a possible future. I love it and I think it is the right path. We don’t know what NIL I’ll look like so as long as we are competitive with our fellow conference opponents, we will be just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

The idea of building your way to improvement is dated, we cannot go back 20 years ago simply because we think we missed out and need to focus on what is working in the times in which we exist.  My biggest issue is it feels like we are trying to build our brand via Ken Blanchard instead of utilizing the unprecedented times in which we live that amazingly let you change your fortunes immediately. Unfortunately for us fortuna favors the bold and allows herself to be mastered by the adventurous and not the cautious; we are ruled by the cautious.

I used to think I was a contrarian but in all reality I couldn’t carry your jock.  I agree we are late to the party but this is necessary and a first step.  What is your suggestion? Buy a bunch of players for a couple of years while some excel, some don’t and we continue to play in an empty stadium with red seats across from Mons.  I know you have probably explained it in detail in prior threads but you are extremely long winded and I may have skimmed over it. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

8 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

What do you think? 

I think investing in an on campus CFB atmosphere has to be in the plus column to anyone looking at us as a future business partner.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

We were untethered we should have been able to pivot on a dime and raising cash from these people was obviously quite possible, find the things of consequence and do those. 

I may be not following this line of thinking but I'm sure we could still raise money to do that.

This money was shaken from the tree specifically to build this particular thing.  I don't know if we could have gotten the same fruit from proposing buying a couple players or coaches.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/6/2023 at 9:26 PM, Rocky Style said:

I may be not following this line of thinking but I'm sure we could still raise money to do that.

This money was shaken from the tree specifically to build this particular thing.  I don't know if we could have gotten the same fruit from proposing buying a couple players or coaches.

Money for us ain’t been no crystal stair. When you are the navigator or the ship you set the course and what you set your mind to you need to be able to bring those people with you and sell them on the right way. Let’s take our airwaves for example, how many time do we get to sell those? The money people are leaving in their estate planning, how many times do they get to bequeath their estates? The credit union could have bought the street in front of the marshal center and been just as happy. The most important part is this is a zero sum distraction who’s timing seems more likely to lead to destruction.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:58 PM, Friscobull said:

I used to think I was a contrarian but in all reality I couldn’t carry your jock.  I agree we are late to the party but this is necessary and a first step.  What is your suggestion? Buy a bunch of players for a couple of years while some excel, some don’t and we continue to play in an empty stadium with red seats across from Mons.  I know you have probably explained it in detail in prior threads but you are extremely long winded and I may have skimmed over it. 

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. My suggestion is to find the biggest issues facing the program. Find all possible solutions to the problems. Project costs to solution and impact of them. Figure out the budget and possible budget. Force rank the solutions and do those. This is the single least impactful solution for the single highest cost, that means every other idea that any idiot can imagine is better than this one. Companies fold under this vision.

On 12/6/2023 at 7:39 PM, michibull said:

100%!! College football is supposed to be played on campus, in front of students and alumni!! @puc86 and @CousinRicky, you two are spot on when you look at it from the business side (and believe me, I know college football is a business). That said, the proper way to live life, is being in the moment, TRY and plan for the future while only look in the past to learn from mistakes and to remember where you were (as a bench mark on your own personal progress). This stadium is good for the current team, students and alumni, we honestly cannot predict where college football will be or where we will be playing, so right now they are building a 35k stadium for n campus with the ability to expand in the future. It seems to me that they learned from the past, building for the present and planned on a possible future. I love it and I think it is the right path. We don’t know what NIL I’ll look like so as long as we are competitive with our fellow conference opponents, we will be just fine. 

Starz GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

On 12/6/2023 at 3:00 PM, CousinRicky said:

I actually read this whole thing and agree with your assessment almost completely. I said a long time ago that we're a decade behind the times and the NIL is/will be the most important thing. A better conference would be nice but if you can pay players enough $$$ you'll bring in the talent no matter the location of the stadium.

I rewarded this with a hiatus, I felt heard

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

I rewarded this with a hiatus, I felt heard

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

• Haha 1