• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Byrum Brown...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

I could be wrong but I remember a few games ago the announcers made a big deal about how loyal BB has been to USF. I believe when he was being recruited he got offers for.much bigger schools but he stuck with us. Obviously with NIL nothing is off the table but I could see him staying. 

I still can't believe Battie left so he could gain less than 250 yards with Auburn. If he's not a starter next year he made a huge mistake leaving 

Edited by NinjaPenguin777
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

I could be wrong but I remember a few games ago the announcers made a big deal about how loyal BB has been to USF. I believe when he was being recruited he got offers for.much bigger schools but he stuck with us. Obviously with NIL nothing is off the table but I could see him staying. 

If I'm reading it correctly, the only school to offer that was "bigger" than us was ucf.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

19 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

11 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

If I'm reading it correctly, the only school to offer that was "bigger" than us was ucf.

I remember someone on here really talking him up, maybe Gator, but then checking 247, his offer list really didn't back that up with, like you said, UCF being the highest profile of the rest. Maybe there were other offers not listed ...... I'm sure that list would look a different now.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

I remember someone on here really talking him up, maybe Gator, but then checking 247, his offer list really didn't back that up with, like you said, UCF being the highest profile of the rest. Maybe there were other offers not listed ...... I'm sure that list would look a different now.

I knew of him b/c a buddy of mine has a kid that is a High School QB in that area. He RAVED about him to me and said that we didnt even know how good of a QB we recruited. Then I started researching him and watching film. Im not sure how a QB that had 3800 yds passing and 1200 yds rushing went under the radar so hard. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

BB is the man!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

20 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

The stadium announcer at the end of last night's victory and BB passing the 3K mark said, "Give it up for Byrum Brown!" 

We all clapped but then I realized the double meaning in that statement. 💵

I don't think everyone is like that.  With his dad going to every game, and the entire family engaged.  There's a lot more to it than a kid raised by social media to believe it's all about the bag (as Willie and his twitter friends emphasized).

11 hours ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

I still can't believe Battie left so he could gain less than 250 yards with Auburn. If he's not a starter next year he made a huge mistake leaving 

He got the bag.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

He got the bag.

I'm sure he did but with his talent he could have been the feature back and returner here. He would have gotten a big spotlight and better looks for the draft. What did he get like $500k? If he gets about the same yardage next year then his draft stock is gonna tank unless he didn't think he would get drafted anyway due to his size 

3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

I'm sure he did but with his talent he could have been the feature back and returner here. He would have gotten a big spotlight and better looks for the draft. What did he get like $500k? If he gets about the same yardage next year then his draft stock is gonna tank unless he didn't think he would get drafted anyway due to his size 

I agree with all of that.  But he got the bag.  It became the driver of his decision.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

I believe the alleged number was $250K. Don't know if that's what got him to enter the portal or what was offered after he got in the portal. His dad said on Twitter/X that he never encouraged Brian to enter the portal, but once he was in the portal, he encouraged him to go to Auburn.

Either way, shortsighted to take the immediate lump sum payment and end up buried on the depth chart with little exposure as opposed to being the main horse where he was already at and getting exposure as an All American and making a better draft case for himself. Long-term NFL money >>> one-time payday to move to Auburn