• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Byrum Brown...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

We can be bitter all we want, but Battie made a decision which he felt was in his best interest. Hindsight is always 20/20, and you never know if he stayed how he would have performed. Can't blame the kid at all - and I'd love for him to succeed at Auburn, same with Horn/Weaver/Grier/etc. 

That said, I hope (and do not think) BB will transfer. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We can be bitter all we want

I sensed no bitterness.  But it's the real world and can be discussed.  

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think everyone is like that.  With his dad going to every game, and the entire family engaged.  There's a lot more to it than a kid raised by social media to believe it's all about the bag (as Willie and his twitter friends emphasized).

I'm pretty sure you are 100% correct. I took note that BB gave an enthusiastic and very sincere "Go Bulls!!" at the end of his post-game Caylee Cottrell interview, so 🤞...

I was actually referring to the fan/donor/booster perspective than BB's perspective. Hopefully, the money people out there in USF Land will help in that regard. BB may not need a huge NIL deal to stay at USF, but he definitely deserves it and would obviously take it if offered. 🙂🤘

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

We won't win any NIL battles.  We can try.  We'd better have other plans.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

How good is Archie?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I don't think everyone is like that.  With his dad going to every game, and the entire family engaged.  There's a lot more to it than a kid raised by social media to believe it's all about the bag (as Willie and his twitter friends emphasized).

I was impressed when he and his family went to the WBB v NC State last year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Bryson W said:

How good is Archie?

Pretty much an unknown commodity with not much  experience in college football . Long-term I am pretty excited to see what Carter  does more than Archie. He had some big offers and chose to come here.

image.png.7733e3fc1be096bef7f644c4d843aaa5.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, Brad said:

Ultimately the good news is that right now all group of five  and AAC teams are in the same boat. We just have to out nil them and we can and will be competitive.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We can be bitter all we want, but Battie made a decision which he felt was in his best interest. Hindsight is always 20/20, and you never know if he stayed how he would have performed. Can't blame the kid at all - and I'd love for him to succeed at Auburn, same with Horn/Weaver/Grier/etc. 

That said, I hope (and do not think) BB will transfer. 

I don't care what they do once they leave USF.  I won't root for them or against them. I do love Atkins outproduced Weaver and Horn. I do love Wright and Dukes out produced Battie this year. I do like Brown outperformed Timmy this year. Timmy may have out produced Brown if he started every game, but Gus is going to Gus. Grier didn't do much with 36 tackles. Gordon and Shuler outprocued him.  So I like to see the guys leave to get paid and the players who stayed out performed them. I get they play in a much better football conference in the SEC and B12, but  it is great to see the true Bulls who decided to stay out perform the former bulls who left for money from p5 programs. How would you all feel if Golesh went after Battie to transfer back ? Battie is RB#3 on the depth chart behind to guys that are sophmores and juniors. The only one I truly hope loses every game he plays is McClain because he is playing for UCF.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't care what they do once they leave USF.  I won't root for them or against them. I do love Atkins outproduced Weaver and Horn. I do love Wright and Dukes out produced Battie this year. I do like Brown outperformed Timmy this year. Grief didn't do much with 36 tackles. Gordon and Shuler outprocued him.  So I like to see the guys leave to get paid and the players who stayed out performed them. I get they play in a much better football conference in the SEC and B12, but  it is great to see the true Bulls who decided to stay out perform the former bulls who left for money from p5 programs. How would you all feel if Golesh went after Battie to transfer back ? Battie is RB#3 on the depth chart behind to guys that are sophmores and juniors. 

I would be 100 percent fine with it. You see it often in professional sports where players move back and forth; especially in soccer. I would never  begrudge athletes making decisions with money, or ( and) prestige in mind. Same when it comes to coaches.  If Battie decided that he can make more money at Auburn, playing in front of sold out SEC crowds, I totally understand.

Same way lets say while you are a student at USF; and Harvard or Yale gave you full scholarship, could you really begrudge that person from taking it? Same way professionally when a big firm, in a nicer city offers you better money plus apartments' rent paid? Or you are dating  Rosie o Donell, and Heid Klum( during her Victoria secret days) asks you on a date?

Everyone during their lifetime will have to make decisions and have to take their self interest in mind.

• Like 1