• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An outlook on the remaining 4 games

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  180
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I think we have a better chance versus Memphis because their defense is weaker. UTSA has a better defense

Based on total defense-yes. But when you look at 3rd and 4th down conversion pct defense-I don't think so. Memphis is #15 .308 and UTSA is #84 .404 in 3rd down conversion pct defense. Memphis is #13 .312 and UTSA is #107 .619 in 4th down conversion pct defense. If we aren't able to get decent yardage on 1st and 2nd down against Memphis, we may be in for a long day (or short day on offense). 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,529
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/1/2023 at 11:45 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

I just wanted to look at the overall remainder of the season. There are 4 teams left and I looked up their offensive and defensive rankings. Obviously, there are more metrics that determine the outcome, but I just wanted to look at this from a high level.

Besides UTSA, we are not facing world-beater defenses. From the Army game, I saw, even UTSA can be scored on. 

• 2 of our remaining 4 teams are having offensive struggles 
  • 2 of our remaining 4 teams are struggling defensively. (Sadly so are we) Charlotte was a big surprise at 45th. I am not sure how they are ranked so high, but they held a few teams under 25 pts including UF.
  • We are definitely more evenly matched with Memphis than it seems. 

Bowl game or bust! Go Bulls!!! :04-rock:

Offensive Ranking Defensive Ranking
USF 35th 118th
Memphis 34th 92nd
Temple 96th 123rd
UTSA 53rd 62nd
Charlotte 118th 45th

image.png.17760f06e5e21778a4032c5f777d20c6.png

WWW.NCAA.COM

Discover the current NCAA FBS Football leaders in every stats category, as well as historic leaders.

Looks like that Memphis game is (in theory) a coin flip. I assume Temple to be a win, and UTSA to be a loss. Charlotte holding UF to less than 24 means nothing to me, we almost beat them with CJS so…….

• Upvote 2
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Looks like that Memphis game is (in theory) a coin flip. I assume Temple to be a win, and UTSA to be a loss. Charlotte holding UF to less than 24 means nothing to me, we almost beat them with CJS so…….

Great point. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

I hope you're right! Been a minute since we've seen one of those. Seen enough of the other variety.

I think we blowout Temple, but honestly, just get 2 wins and send us to a bowl game and I'll be happy. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I think we go 1-3 and miss a bowl game. Hope I'm wrong.

With the inconsistent play on both sides of the ball and the flaws being exposed I still think we win 2 games.  I think we upset  at least one of UTSA/Memphis and let Temple/Charlotte beat us. I got a feeling we will punch above our weight against of UTSA/Memphis and let a lower tier program like Charlotte/Temple blow us out.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

With the inconsistent play on both sides of the ball and the flaws being exposed I still think we win 2 games.  I think we upset  at least one of UTSA/Memphis and let Temple/Charlotte beat us. I got a feeling we will punch above our weight against of UTSA/Memphis and let a lower tier program like Charlotte/Temple blow us out.

This is seems to be our MO.  I’m not going to attempt predicting this. 3-1, 2-2, 1-3 all seem like realistic outcomes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Unless something drastically changes on offense I dont think they are capable of beating the remaining teams outside of Temple. Defense needs to stay off the field for us to beat Memphis, UTSA and Charlotte.

I guess maybe if Brown is still healthy by the time they play Charlotte you run the ever living crap out of him and risk injury to make a bowl?

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Unless something drastically changes on offense I dont think they are capable of beating the remaining teams outside of Temple. Defense needs to stay off the field for us to beat Memphis, UTSA and Charlotte.

I guess maybe if Brown is still healthy by the time they play Charlotte you run the ever living crap out of him and risk injury to make a bowl?

Huh?  Charlotte sucks.  There's literally no reason for us to lose to those guys at home.  I guess if there is a major injury that could change, but otherwise we should absolutely expect a W

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

18 hours ago, Ten Toed Sloth said:

Based on total defense-yes. But when you look at 3rd and 4th down conversion pct defense-I don't think so. Memphis is #15 .308 and UTSA is #84 .404 in 3rd down conversion pct defense. Memphis is #13 .312 and UTSA is #107 .619 in 4th down conversion pct defense. If we aren't able to get decent yardage on 1st and 2nd down against Memphis, we may be in for a long day (or short day on offense). 

They are ranked 86th in rushing defense and 83rd in passing yards allowed. While they have a better passing defense than we have, it shows that they can be scored on.  North Texas put up 591 yards of offense on them. 

image.png.9a71971382b062a3ac47b1d16e5fad02.png

Edited by Gatorbull325