• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Postgame presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

These guys looked worn out or demotivated when they hit the field before the game.  Could it be that they are worn out or being worked too hard?

There is a lot of pressure on the coaching staff to make this work and obviously their jobs are on the line.   Are they players being pushed too hard and overwhelmed with new schemes and systems?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

We have a first year coach who hasn't been here before and is trying to learn on the fly. He had a three game stretch where the players were going all in and played much better than every other game. Now everyone knows what we are going to do on offense and we have not really made any adjustments. The defense tape is out and needs to be make adjustments. He needs to make changes to the gogogo and add some creativity  to the offense. We are going to find out what Golesh and the team are made of against Uconn. I hope he can make changes and realizes his plan isn't working. They made adjustments in the Rice game at half and we came back and won. Either way Golesh is our coach even though he was not in my top 5 preferred or top 3 of realistic hires. I want to succeed because I do like his personality and aggressiveness at times, but his lack of adding more to the offense playbook is concerning. It is very predictable and ineffective over the last two games.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/15/2023 at 9:18 AM, Triple B said:

The 8 or 9 DC's we've had in the last 4 years cannot have been this bad. I think we're going to need a couple of recruiting cycles to fully assess ..... and yes, the portal should help, but at our level it's not like free agency at the professional level. It's more like an expansion draft.

We've given up 253 points so far in the first seven games. The only season we've started worse than that was last year (263 points). We've allowed 225+ points to start a season only four times in our history and all four were the past four seasons.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/14/2023 at 7:43 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

This offense is getting easy to shut down...clog up the middle and stop BB running and take away deep pass. 

Sounds like we should start hitting 5 and ins and slants across the middle.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

True we did say this several games ago. hmm! 🤔

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah, the "fast-paced" 3 and outs are not amusing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We have a first year coach who hasn't been here before and is trying to learn on the fly. He had a three game stretch where the players were going all in and played much better than every other game. Now everyone knows what we are going to do on offense and we have not really made any adjustments. The defense tape is out and needs to be make adjustments. He needs to make changes to the gogogo and add some creativity  to the offense. We are going to find out what Golesh and the team are made of against Uconn. I hope he can make changes and realizes his plan isn't working. They made adjustments in the Rice game at half and we came back and won. Either way Golesh is our coach even though he was not in my top 5 preferred or top 3 of realistic hires. I want to succeed because I do like his personality and aggressiveness at times, but his lack of adding more to the offense playbook is concerning. It is very predictable and ineffective over the last two games.

To add on to this, we have had a few  injuries on both sides of the ball. Also, to put in 110 effort and keep that high energy going is extremely draining. We may not have enough depth for both sides either. I mean CJS’ guys weren’t exactly getting it done the last couple years. You bring in a better crop of starters, but the guys behind them are still the same.

I think CAG would be better served if he slowed down the offense a little bit  to save the defense some heartache and to allow them to call some audibles and add new wrinkles.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

If we could hit them it would be great.  It isn't like I haven't seen these.   They are too often dropped or the passes aren't on target.   

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

To add on to this, we have had a few  injuries on both sides of the ball. Also, to put in 110 effort and keep that high energy going is extremely draining. We may not have enough depth for both sides either. I mean CJS’ guys weren’t exactly getting it done the last couple years. You bring in a better crop of starters, but the guys behind them are still the same.

I think CAG would be better served if he slowed down the offense a little bit  to save the defense some heartache and to allow them to call some audibles and add new wrinkles.

You play 11 games.  Come on

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yes this offense is far from clicking well and going fast just for the sake of it is resulting in fast 3 and outs that is very demoralizing for the defense.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I think CAG would be better served if he slowed down the offense a little bit  to save the defense some heartache

image.png.d36ba39c3217e0973517fd062e0e720d.png

• Haha 1