• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Postgame presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The pace we’re playing with is just a gadget at this point. We can’t execute it well enough or consistently enough to make it be an advantage for us. There may be weeks where we get in a groove and put up points, but we’re not able to replicate it week after week and when we don’t, we’re not near good enough defensively to make up for it. We won’t start winning with any regularity until we can run that paced offense consistently week-in and week-out. That’s gonna take time and MUCH better talent.

Golesh needs to adjust  his system to the talent we have right now. We really don't have the time with more realignment around the corner.

FAU just made it to the final four, and beat us 56-14.  These next two to three years might be critical in determining whether we get out of the AAC or not. Right now we don't look like a team that would deserve to move up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Golesh needs to adjust  his system to the talent we have right now. We really don't have the time with more realignment around the corner.

FAU just made it to the final four, and beat us 56-14.  These next two to three years might be critical in determining whether we get out of the AAC or not. Right now we don't look like a team that would deserve to move up

We're not leaving the AAC unless it is for the MAAC

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I’m sure it’s more of trust the process, we didn’t execute, the players need to get better, coaches need to get better. Blah blah blah. 

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We're not leaving the AAC unless it is for the MAAC

They don’t want us either 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

That is one of the newcomer's venues that I would like to visit.  The Alamodome and the River Walk look cool.  

Been to the river walk. Don’t need to be embarrassed in the dome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We're not leaving the AAC

Correct. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I was going to pull out the Sterlin Gilbert joke playbook but I keep finding ones with more variety.

screen-shot-2013-07-17-at-12-55-57-pm.pn

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

How many dropped passes?  How many times did the turf tackle our players?  There is plenty of blame to go around.  Let's just see where we go from here.  You guys are turning CAG's 'process' into xCJS's 'culture'.  Both are and were necessary.  They were just easy target words to vent anger.

I agree with this as well. But CAG says specifically that the “process” must be perfected in order to win. But sometimes a well executed game plan will trump process. And obviously, the more we play and put our weaknesses on tape, the more our defense will get exploited and our offense will get stuffed. I agree there are a lot of issues that need addressing. This team isn’t an easy fix, especially as injuries pile up. Lastly, I’ll say we play better with a chip on our shoulders. Maybe we are trying to be underdogs the rest of the season so we are inspired to fight. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I expect it to be ugly at times and at times show flashes of adequacy.  Then there will be times where the team really outplays expectations.  We were so far down that it isn't going to turn around as fast as many expect.  These are mostly people playing their first season together in a new system with a first time HC.  The thing is - we knew this going into the season.  We are going to be inconsistent until it clicks, if it ever does.  It will take time to see.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

I expect it to be ugly at times and at times show flashes of adequacy.  Then there will be times where the team really outplays expectations.  We were so far down that it isn't going to turn around as fast as many expect.  These are mostly people playing their first season together in a new system with a first time HC.  The thing is - we knew this going into the season.  We are going to be inconsistent until it clicks, if it ever does.  It will take time to see.

I don't know man. How long can we use this excuse? Allowing 56 points to teams in similar scenarios as us? I'll ride it out as i knew it would not be a good season but getting blown out is not ******* acceptable.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Biggest problem is, do we have that time.  If we don't fix it quick we are not getting into a big conference ever.  If we were in the SEC or BIG10 than sure we have time to see.  We need to win now pull a UCF and turn it around quickly.