• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Postgame presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

Maybe he needs to call up TJ Wiest and get a clinic in running an offense that works here.

The bowl champion and last winning coach I got to see.  🤣

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

The bowl champion and last winning coach I got to see.  🤣

He was the greatest coach in USF history. Never lost a game as head coach of USF. Undefeated in bowl games. Undefeated against SEC schools. First head coach to finish the season ranked. Charlie Strong was so intimidated by him, he threw him out. Sterlin Gilbert purposely didn’t watch any film of his offense since he knew he’d never be able to up to it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

None of the coaches dropped any of those passes today 

That being said we also got out coached on some plays where they seem to know exactly what we're going to do and have 3 bodies there. 

It's both

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

Just going back to the comment after the game where CAG voiced disappointment in our team in all three phases of the game.  Offense and defense were bad.   But our special teams play was worse.  We had that leaping penalty, the missed field goal, successful onsides kick for them and gave up a TD on a punt return.  Argh.

I'm missing Battie and Shrader.  

Edited by Cat941
ETA
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

Same old crap in presser....team now is as bad as Scott these past 2 games. Golesh is broken record with process.  Maybe your process needs adjustment cause other teams have figured you out. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Cat941 said:

Just going back to the comment after the game where CAG voiced disappointment in our team in all three phases of the game.  Offense and defense were bad.   But our special teams play was worse.  We had that leaping penalty, the missed field goal, successful onsides kick for them and gave up a TD on a punt return.  Argh.

He's been riding high but now he has to motivate them out of a pit.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

Here’s the problem with blaming the “process.” It lets you off the hook as a game planner play caller and as the architect of strategy. The process is a boogeyman. No real answers are being given when real questions are getting asked. The problem isn’t that someone ate chips the day before, thus dooming their chances for a Saturday victory.

Here are a few of the the glaring issues that I see on offense: Ineffective offensive line, lack of setting up the big plays, reliable 5-10 yard dump pass plays or 5 yard slants, lack of creativity and playmakers. I think we could do so much more, even with what we have, but we have to scheme it that way. In a nutshell, I think our Xs and Os is a bigger problem than the process. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

6 minutes ago, SquishaBull said:

Here’s the problem with blaming the “process.” It lets you off the hook as a game planner play caller and as the architect of strategy. The process is a boogeyman. No real answers are being given when real questions are getting asked. The problem isn’t that someone ate chips the day before, thus dooming their chances for a Saturday victory.

Here are a few of the the glaring issues that I see on offense: Ineffective offensive line, lack of setting up the big plays, reliable 5-10 yard dump pass plays or 5 yard slants, lack of creativity and playmakers. I think we could do so much more, even with what we have, but we have to scheme it that way. In a nutshell, I think our Xs and Os is a bigger problem than the process. 

Exactly....it's the coaching and for some reason effort is down.

We aren't losing cause the players didn't wake up right or eat all the veggies the day before. 

Wish media ask him ..so what can he say about process this past week that was off.  He said they practiced well this week pre game.  Something is way off.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I said that last week.  Looks like we just bang our heads against the wall and hope it breaks.

When you are at TN you have the Oline to do that crap. This isn't TN, just like it wasn't Clemson for the other guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Just trust the process. Pay no attention to the Jeff Scott behind the curtain.