• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Golesh > Dion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/2/2023 at 9:01 AM, flsportsfan83 said:

this is true. If he leaves a solid foundation we will be okay. I have no doubt he is gone when a big school offers. Anyone not wearing green and gold goggles would agree. No reason to stay here if you are offered a p5 job. Best thing for everyone is he does very well and moves on. In 5 years he will be gone, either leaving for a better job or getting fired for being awful. 

Players can follow coaches in this day and time so that solid foundation could follow him. It sucks but that's the reality.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, mjadams said:

Players can follow coaches in this day and time so that solid foundation could follow him. It sucks but that's the reality.

very true. We are in the minor leagues. Lets just hope to win and keep building with whoever our next hire is. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

Lets just hope to win

Hope is not a strategy.  Better figure a way to keep a coach.  I know you've already surrendered (on Golesh leaving), but the real coup isn't hiring a first-time ever coach; it's getting a successful one to stay.  In order to do that you can't remain in the minor leagues.  You also need hire high character people.  One that wants to build something, leave their mark or legacy, i.e. Leavitt, WBB Fernandez, Softball's Eriksen.  Others are like Cash Taggart.  We've seen both types.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hope is not a strategy.  Better figure a way to keep a coach.  I know you've already surrendered (on Golesh leaving), but the real coup isn't hiring a first-time ever coach; it's getting a successful one to stay.  In order to do that you can't remain in the minor leagues.  You also need hire high character people.  One that wants to build something, leave their mark or legacy, i.e. Leavitt, WBB Fernandez, Softball's Eriksen.  Others are like Cash Taggart.  We've seen both types.

You nailed it. Until we are guaranteed a seat at the big boy table, we are going to churn through coaches either through successes (CAG?) or failures (CJS, CCS). CAG has no allegiance to USF. As a competitor he is naturally going to want to show that he can coach at the highest levels of college football. Maybe his sense of loyalty gets us an extra year or two, but he will ultimately get an offer that is just too good to refuse. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really thinking you guys are all nuts. Deion literally had the most watched game last week. Took a 1-11 team that nobody cared about to having the most watched game less than a year later. And in that game, they competed at the same level as the #8 USC team. He has the stadium sold out. You can't go anywhere in the US and have a conversation about football without Colorado coming up. Seriously, 1-11 Colorado is now occupying every single person's, included all of you here, head rent free. I was in the Tumi store buying a bag this week and conversation was "what's your NFL team?" "I'm more of a college guy" "So what do you think of what Deion is doing at Colorado?". That's everywhere 10 times a day times millions of people. It was a brilliant move by Colorado and everyone talking crazy about "he wouldn't stay here", who would? We don't invest in athletics, you're literally an idiot if you are a great coach and want to stay at USF. And for you idiots that are like CAG is a better coach than Prime. What difference does it make when he has way worse players? Do you think we could have taken USC to the last play like Colorado did? What are you smoking. Even if I agreed that CAG was a marginally better play caller, he is coaching players that aren't even in the same league or level as the players that are lining up to play for Prime. Same is true for coaches. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

20 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

very true. We are in the minor leagues. Lets just hope to win and keep building with whoever our next hire is. 

We can run this thing and move up to the majors.  Stay the course.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

I think Deion ended up at a place meant for him, just like Golesh ended up at a place meant for him. They are 2 different type of coaches and no need to say one is better than the other out of bitterness. We need to not always be mad everytime we get turned down by a coach or a player. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think Deion ended up at a place meant for him, just like Golesh ended up at a place meant for him. They are 2 different type of coaches and no need to say one is better than the other out of bitterness. We need to not always be mad everytime we get turned down by a coach or a player. 

It's the delusion and what is being said here, not that Colorado got Prime and we didn't. Reading these threads is like listening to a bunch of people that have convinced themselves that the earth is flat. It is obvious that we got the short end of the stick, pretending that we are better off is borderline insanity. 

Edited by sloan1919
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

33 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We need to not always be mad everytime we get turned down by a coach or a player. 

A very mature philosophy but:

I Cant Do That Marlon Brando GIF by The Godfather

• Haha 1