• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is no quarterback controversy anymore

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What's the story on GB?  Will he even be healthy enough to play this year?  He would be a great backup, instead of relying on another freshman.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,390
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What's the story on GB?  Will he even be healthy enough to play this year?  He would be a great backup, instead of relying on another freshman.  

Well Never Know Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I wouldn't say the O Line was stellar yesterday.  Not a lot of holes for running and, while BB had a bit more time to throw, the QB had to move around quite a bit.

I agree with was not great but not terrible. The running game needs work, but the oline was able to hold a little more than Bama ,FAMU, and WKU allowing Brown to make throws he couldn't make earlier in the year. I am not sure if it is improvement, the offense gelling together, or that we played RICE. All I know is we got the dub, our first AAU win as an AAU team, our first conference win, our first fbs win, and our first win we came back from at halftime to win in FOREVER. It was a great weekend for USF Football. Go Bulls! I don't think Rice is any worse then any other the teams we have been losing to in the AAC for years that are still here. All I know is Golesh, Brown, the improved defense, and the Bulls have finally given the fans something to Bullieve in that we can win games now. We have broken the loser mentality and tasted victory against a FBS and conference team. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I could not find him on the USF sideline.  If he was, he as dressed in street clothes. 

52 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I could not find him on the USF sideline.  If he was, he as dressed in street clothes. 

I don't think he was there but I could be wrong. Whatever he is dealing with  , I'll support him he chose to be a bull and stay. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think he was there but I could be wrong. Whatever he is dealing with  , I'll support him he chose to be a bull and stay. 

He had major shoulder surgery so he's probably still working through it. I'm thinking he's probably positioning himself for coaching. If he knew he wasn't playing this year, he sure did a good job keeping that on lock down. He was still cheerleading for USF during the off-season 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I wouldn't say the O Line was stellar yesterday.  Not a lot of holes for running and, while BB had a bit more time to throw, the QB had to move around quite a bit.

They seemed to be dedicated to stopping the run, as even some of the designed runs for Byrum were pretty well contained. Byrum did a good job of not panicking in the pocket, feeling the pressure and sliding around to give himself more time to make the throw. As some of us have said since week one, once some of the deep balls hit, the offense really starts to click and we saw that Saturday

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

24 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

He had major shoulder surgery so he's probably still working through it. I'm thinking he's probably positioning himself for coaching. If he knew he wasn't playing this year, he sure did a good job keeping that on lock down. He was still cheerleading for USF during the off-season 

He's still building up the strength in his surgically repaired shoulder to be able to do the physical work repeatedly. It's there in spurts, but not consistently. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we don't see him at all this year and he ends up joining the staff as a GA or something

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

What I noticed from Brown right from the outset was that he was trusting himself more.  He would make the reads and then just step into the throw and fire it.  It was a beautiful thing to watch.  He had total trust in that and because of that he was hitting receivers right in stride on the numbers.  Dropping dimes.  He was much more decisive this game and that was the difference.  If you hesitate you get smashed and he didn't hesitate Saturday.  When he throws like that he is tough.  4 years of this kid is an amazing thought.

• Upvote 1