• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I heard some OCS complaints from some long time fans at last week's tailgate.  I think the issue seems to be that they believe they will have to pay much more than they are paying now, and most likely they will be "priced out" of the club amenities that they have taken for granted at the pro stadium (club lounge, A/C, etc.).  I guess I understand, but those things are not really college football.  I know I will be giving up those kinds of amenities (unless I move up to Iron Bull someday), but I am trading them for something that I think is better:  games on campus with a college game day atmosphere and a "true" home stadium.

If they are priced out it means their was enough demand for USF to raise prices. That would be good for the football program. It means we have more rabid fans. What kind of fan wants to keep the program down for their own selfish cheap tickets? Would they also wish the team lose so they can keep buying cheap tickets? Because when the team wins tickets get more expensive. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't want to start a new thread. Friends of ours are dropping USF football tix because they feel an OCS at $320 million is a total waste. They've had season tix from the beginning.  He's a grad and told us this is their last year. 

This is the minority 

13 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I heard some OCS complaints from some long time fans at last week's tailgate.  I think the issue seems to be that they believe they will have to pay much more than they are paying now, and most likely they will be "priced out" of the club amenities that they have taken for granted at the pro stadium (club lounge, A/C, etc.).  I guess I understand, but those things are not really college football.  I know I will be giving up those kinds of amenities (unless I move up to Iron Bull someday), but I am trading them for something that I think is better:  games on campus with a college game day atmosphere and a "true" home stadium.

So the Club area will be smaller so yea some may get priced out of that but I’m sure they will still have price points that work for them. 

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Could be wrong but I'm thinking the actual seats that come with Club access in the ocs will be relatively competitive with today's so there may not be much a problem there. I'm guessing it's going to be the ones currently buying the cheaper season tix available but then getting their donation level up to $1000 to acquire Club access that will be hit the hardest if they still desire Club access in the new stadium ...

My question with that is, because I believe you are correct, is do those people stop giving at the thousand dollar level because they can no longer get club access? If so, how many of those people are there and how much of a hit will that take to the donor base?

12 hours ago, Brad said:

I do remember when Harlan changed the donation/ticketing algebra

They Way that he changed donation levels and priority points was a disaster and one of the worst parts of his regime. It baffles my mind that they have not fixed these errors at this point. I hope it gets corrected in the future.

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

We all want the same thing to watch USF win. WE all just express it differently. I just don't want diehard fans don't get priced out.  I  hope people with kids and big families don't get priced out. I have cheaper seats but still support my bulls. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the stadium seat prices are.

I am beyond confident that there will be price levels available for everybody who is in the stadium now as a season-ticket holder-  it may just mean being in a different location, but so what- you will be in the stadium!

Edited by jjlovecub
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I spend a little over $1000 for 2 club seats and I’m guessing I won’t be able to get be at that price point for club seats in the OCS.  I’d be willing to give up club seats to stay around that price but the wife is gonnna want to keep the club access.   You know what the say about happy wife 😀

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, Gismo said:

If they are priced out it means their was enough demand for USF to raise prices.

Only problem with that, though, is we are entering unknown territory with the ocs as far as what demand, at what price level, will actually be ...... could be a little tricky going in.

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Could be wrong but I'm thinking the actual seats that come with Club access in the ocs will be relatively competitive with today's so there may not be much a problem there. I'm guessing it's going to be the ones currently buying the cheaper season tix available but then getting their donation level up to $1000 to acquire Club access that will be hit the hardest if they still desire Club access in the new stadium ...

1 hour ago, jjlovecub said:

My question with that is, because I believe you are correct, is do those people stop giving at the thousand dollar level because they can no longer get club access? If so, how many of those people are there and how much of a hit will that take to the donor base?

It's only natural some will but I think/hope the slack is taken up elsewhere, especially by those who have been clamoring for this for a long time ...

14 hours ago, Brad said:

I do remember when Harlan changed the donation/ticketing algebra

1 hour ago, jjlovecub said:

They Way that he changed donation levels and priority points was a disaster and one of the worst parts of his regime. It baffles my mind that they have not fixed these errors at this point. I hope it gets corrected in the future.

It's funny but to me that was one of the best parts of his regime ..... obviously I must not have been negatively affected as some were ... but he had to try something to get the donor level up. The level had been pretty anemic in comparison to programs at our level, and even below.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I spend a little over $1000 for 2 club seats and I’m guessing I won’t be able to get be at that price point for club seats in the OCS.  I’d be willing to give up club seats to stay around that price but the wife is gonnna want to keep the club access.   You know what the say about happy wife 😀

Cheaper to keep her

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, Gismo said:

If they are priced out it means their was enough demand for USF to raise prices. That would be good for the football program. It means we have more rabid fans.

Where would those have come from?  Hopefully developed in the next two years?  There will be novelty buyers, just like there were 49,212 at the first game, but none other that season.  It makes sense to take care of those that have been there for ten years and will be for another ten rather than disregard to grab top cash first year in new stadium and have no one to pick up the non-renewals the next season.  Interesting situation, it will be interesting to see how it is handled.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not really completely understanding their logic, I guess some sort of protest or something, but to each his own .....

Yep. See the cost of building the stadium and think that money could be used somewhere else (or not spent at all). Honesly, we've not committed to any donation for it yet. We'll see how the next couple of seasons play out and what our interest is in college football.

I can see us staying with WBB long term but not sure about the other sports. Spoke with baseball coach, MTennis and new Beach Volleyball coaches last night at an event. These people amaze me with their optimism and plans. Even though BVB doesn't have an official season until 25-26 the coach is hard at work every day. Plans for placement of the courts is still TBD. Next to the YC is not ideal because it limits the number of courts to 4 where 5 or 6 would be ideal. CBM of baseball will also be pitching coach this year. 

Sorry - off topic.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

Where would those have come from?  Hopefully developed in the next two years?  There will be novelty buyers, just like there were 49,212 at the first game, but none other that season.  It makes sense to take care of those that have been there for ten years and will be for another ten rather than disregard to grab top cash first year in new stadium and have no one to pick up the non-renewals the next season.  Interesting situation, it will be interesting to see how it is handled.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution.

I have a buddy who went to kansas. years ago they redid their basketball arena.

they took that as an opportunity to reset their donation levels for their seating sections.

they had old timers up in arms about it. these were the same people who were paying a $100 donation to sit midcourt in the lower level.

yeah you want to respect all their support over the years but it's just not feasible to run a program that way.

It allowed for the younger alums to step in with their higher donations to sit in the best seats.the circle of life.

• Upvote 1