• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What can be fixed -vs- what can't

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

The OL does not seem fixable this season. Maybe next time don't hire a 26 year old from our rival to lead the rebuild?

BB... maybe we get some better decisions and accuracy at the margin towards the middle of the season. He looked so uncomfortable today, the hole is too deep. 

The penalties, fixable sure.

The DL again probably not fixable this season. If we can't get a sack against WKU I don't know what to say. 

The backs were close to some picks today so I'll say we get improvement there

Playcalling nope - more up the middles are on the menu this year

TE - I hope they get more involved; I didn't see any action over the middle or out to TEs today, or very little

Tackling was actually OK today

I'm changing my prediction from over 4.5 wins to under. It's clear this is another "learning on the job" gig at the top, and we have too many young guys on the roster. Tulane can turn it around, Colorado can turn it around - I don't know how else to read the situation other than we don't have any urgency to win games. I hope Golesh is the guy and can pull a rabbit out of the hat this season. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

While I am impressed with how Golesh is recruiting HS for 2024, I think recruiting through the transfer portal was just meh, especially considering with the players we lost. It was frustrating to see Horn and Weaver put up big numbers today . I don't think we did enough to replace them in the offseason.

What we have going for us is games against Rice, Charlotte, FAU, UConn, and Temple, so I expect us to still win at least five games

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

Def the lines. They need to really be improved which would go a long way to fix a bunch of issues.

Also, I like how chippy they got. They need to be playing angry with what has happened the last few years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452

Golesh has a Herculean task in front of him. He is the head coach of a P4 farm team whose best players will continually be poached (either by NIL or wanting more media exposure for their talents) and replaced with reclamation projects. The idea some folks had that we’d be okay on offense because we were last year ignored the fact that nearly every single playmaker from last year is gone. I don’t envy his position. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Golesh has a Herculean task in front of him. He is the head coach of a P4 farm team whose best players will continually be poached (either by NIL or wanting more media exposure for their talents) and replaced with reclamation projects. The idea some folks had that we’d be okay on offense because we were last year ignored the fact that nearly every single playmaker from last year is gone. I don’t envy his position. 

So Golesh has an hercuean task in front of him because of nill,..., but WKU can manage to be a good team, and hold on to their top QB?

Just sounds as an excuse to me . All group of 5 teams are in the same boat.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452

28 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

So Golesh has an hercuean task in front of him because of nill,..., but WKU can manage to be a good team, and hold on to their top QB?

Probably took them more than 1 game. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Experienced coach  with a history  of an winning culture under his leadership.  Wku has been good offensively under  Helton. I don't know of any p5 nil offers were made to Reed or their star wr. If they were and they decides to stay then good job on them for having loyalty and the  coach. Helton, Caldwell, and Herman were the three veteran coaches I wanted at usf when it was clear Deion wasn't coming here.  All four coaches won today and three of them at their new jobs. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

What we have going for us is games against Rice, Charlotte, FAU, UConn, and Temple, so I expect us to still win at least five games

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

I know I repressed the names of the new conference mates, but those schools elicit emotions

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Experienced coach  with a history  of a winning culture under his leadership.  Wku has been good offensively under  Helton. I don't know of any p5 nil offers were made to Reed or their star wr. If they were and they decides to stay then good job on them for having loyalty and the  coach. Helton, Caldwell, and Herman were the three veteran coaches I wanted at usf when it was clear Deion wasn't coming here.  All four coaches won today and three of them at their new jobs. 

Exactly!