• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is your favorite non-superstar Bull?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I did the same thing with Moffit.  Decided he might be too big a name.  Got a signed hat from him hanging up next to my signed Leavitt hat.

Miss the days when we were winning, had a good defense, a scrappy offense, and the energy Leavitt brought to Ray Jay and the program.  Lets hope Goach brings it back and even takes usf further.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

On 8/12/2023 at 11:50 AM, Mission9 said:

This is a great topic for me since I appreciate guys who prepare and do what it takes to help the team to win despite not being a star. I thought about this and I surprisingly have to choose an offensive player, RB Demetris Murray. The guy got us some tough yards, had a nose for the end zone, could catch the ball,  blocked for his teammates. I cannot remember him being out of position or even fumbling.

He was definitely really solid for us, but he did have a BIG momentum-changing fumble in the game against UF during the Holtz New Era.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

This is REALLY hard, but for hoops I have to go with Fred Lewis. He was so consistent and valuable on those Radenko-led NCAA Tournament teams. Football? Wow! So hard. How about Taurus Johnson? That guy made A LOT of plays for us but never seemed to get a whole lot of recognition.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

He was definitely really solid for us, but he did have a BIG momentum-changing fumble in the game against UF during the Holtz New Era.

I figured i had forgotten one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

Auggie Sanchez  comes to mind. Guy wasn't the most talented player but he gave all every play every game.  Had a nice career as a bull.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,380
  • Days Won:  10

I like this topic.  Benjamin Williams was another workhorse who would go out and do anything asked of him.  He would take a pounding and still get yards.  He was a fire plug.

58.png
WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of South Florida Bulls running back Benjamin Williams on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Ian Randolph, Skinny Raymond

Amarri Jackson for one glorious game that signaled that USF could be something, I thought for sure he was going to be a star for us.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  1

Think the Junkyard Dog was underrated because he was overshadowed by MM. I'd still consider him a superstar due to making it in the league and being a difference maker, but I think he would have been a fringe All-American name if he was sole starter for two+ years. Yes, I think he was better than Marlon. 

For one half of football in his entire USF career - Terrance Horne was my favorite player lol. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This is REALLY hard, but for hoops I have to go with Fred Lewis. He was so consistent and valuable on those Radenko-led NCAA Tournament teams. Football? Wow! So hard. How about Taurus Johnson? That guy made A LOT of plays for us but never seemed to get a whole lot of recognition.

I loved Taurus Johnson, thought he was our big play WR and like you said, no one really talked about him like I thought he deserved. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

WollyBully, thanks so much!! The original #9. Strongest wide receiver to date. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2