• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like the war on I-4 may return

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Brad said:

We're below UCF and will have to play them whether you want to or not. 

Why HAVE to play them again? …….. unless we’re back in the same conference. 

3 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I agree.  When we had them 4-0, they were in the rear view mirror, and there was no reason to entertain the idea of ever playing them again.  But then we allowed all this **** to happen...and here we are today.  😞

Just for clarification, you’re not saying we actually had a choice to not ever play them again?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Playing power 5 opponents and beating them is always good especially when you are in the aac trying to move up. Some of the fans think we are  better than big12 because of aau status. Let's get a winning streak going on again and prove it on the field.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I would love to see the War on I-4 continue. Win or lose, they always brought the best out of us. Our games against them, always reminded me of our games against WVU (especially when Pat White was playing).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

By that logic we don’t have to play anyone ever, either fold the team or go FCS and play only HBCU’s to pad our win totals. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

By that logic we don’t have to play anyone ever, either fold the team or go FCS and play only HBCU’s to pad our win totals. 

LOL …. what logic? You didn’t answer the question. If you want to play them, fine, I get it, but why do we HAVE to play them?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just for clarification, you’re not saying we actually had a choice to not ever play them again?

No.  The way it ended up, we did not have a choice.  At the time when we were 4-0, and our obligation to play them was over, I think most of us agreed that there was absolutely no reason to ever play them again.  We were clearly on a higher level.  I'm not sure exactly what all the circumstances were that got them "promoted" into our conference, but once that happened, we did not have a choice anymore, and we were back to playing them on an annual basis again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

No.  The way it ended up, we did not have a choice.  At the time when we were 4-0, and our obligation to play them was over, I think most of us agreed that there was absolutely no reason to ever play them again.  We were clearly on a higher level.  I'm not sure exactly what all the circumstances were that got them "promoted" into our conference, but once that happened, we did not have a choice anymore, and we were back to playing them on an annual basis again.

Beating them would again would be an actual sign that things are moving forward for usf football. Sucks we have to wait so long .

8 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Thanks. It was pretty much inevitable with the restructuring back then that we’d end up in same conference …. and I concur with the “”s around promoted

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

What is the point of being a fan of the football team if you don't want to play your most hated team? If you truly hate UCf then you should want to play them so that you can beat them on the football field. 

That's exactly it.

Many of us don't "hate" UCF.  In a recent hate survey/thread, there were several that hated UF far more.  

Also, as I have stated, it's where do you want to be? What group do you want to run with?  Why would UCF play us now?  They won't for the same reason we didn't want to play them when we were above them and had even higher aspirations for the program.  UCF was the bottom.  

Don't fall for nonsense that a person that makes everything personal responds with.  People are allowed to have their own opinions without being accused of having no balls or whatever the insult is.