• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bianchi Tops the Locals

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

I didn’t read the whole thing but I hope our local fishwrap guys do.  

IMG_os-sp-usf-photo-0827_1027192778_1027

It will take more than an on-campus stadium and upgraded facilities for USF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

Now that ladies and germs That is  called journalism. It was well done. He could have been a Boinker, but he is class.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

Fascinating!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I recall Bianchi writing articles that USF & UCF should of been invited to big 12 as a package deal…..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Now that ladies and germs That is  called journalism. It was well done. He could have been a Boinker, but he is class.  

For what it's worth, Bianchi is a columnist (like John Romano) not a reporter (like Matt Baker).  He is still very much a UCF homer, and will always be. 

In fact, you can blame Bianchi for UCF getting into the Big East.  His efforts calling out USF directly led to several Florida legislators pushing USF and threatening funding over it.

He only wants USF in the Big 12 because he thinks it's better for UCF.

That doesn't mean Matt Baker is absolved of his crimes. Nay nay.  I'm just saying this is not what should be expected of a reporter.  (Even Greg Auman never wrote "Go Bulls" in an article.)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

For what it's worth, Bianchi is a columnist (like John Romano) not a reporter (like Matt Baker).  He is still very much a UCF homer, and will always be. 

In fact, you can blame Bianchi for UCF getting into the Big East.  His efforts calling out USF directly led to several Florida legislators pushing USF and threatening funding over it.

That doesn't mean Matt Baker is absolved of his crimes. Nay nay.  I'm just saying this is not what should be expected of a reporter.  (Even Greg Auman never wrote "Go Bulls" in an article.)

Bianchi can be likened to the Tom McEwens and Hubert Mizells over here back when this area was striving to become the major sports area it's become ....... although he's usually been less professional with less class.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Call him whatever, he has advocated for UCF for two decades.  Our guys from the paper, Tom Jones and Martin Fennelly before Romano have only passed down negativity and insults to others there. It’s too bad. All little McMurphies.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Any chance that we can sue Charlie Strong and Jeff Scott for catastrophic damage to the program and massive loss of future revenue?

Add Ad MK to that suit and we maybe able to get @smazza to find some lawyer loophole to force them to donate to ocs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Better for Central and better for him.

If he writes about USF vs Central he can double dip with readers. I doubt anyone from say Ames will read a Central vs Iowa State column.

• Upvote 1