• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Defense for 2023 might be a sleeper

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes this is an underrated fact.  I didn't think it was possible to get this good that fast given where things were.

I shall respond on behalf of @Outlaw (he must have called it a night) our guys were coached up.  There was actual coaching taking place. 

As weird as that sounds, it must be true.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I shall respond on behalf of @Outlaw (he must have called it a night) our guys were coached up.  There was actual coaching taking place. 

Sorry I  was refueling on victory fuel. Do you mean the defense actually practiced tackling drills? What kind of coach thinks it is a good idea to skip this? A coach that definitely isn't winning back to back games. Another looks over point is we hired a good strength training coach. WE are pushing heavier weights and using chains/resistance bands on top of the weights for more explosive force and resistance. People will overlook that but why we weren't pushing chains on every lift the last several years was odd. Every legitimate and proven strength program uses it. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Sorry I  was refueling on victory fuel. Do you mean the defense actually practiced tackling drills? What kind of coach thinks it is a good idea to skip this? A coach that definitely isn't winning back to back games.

You missed another zoom. You should be put in the penalty box and not allowed to post until Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CousinRicky said:

You missed another zoom. You should be put in the penalty box and not allowed to post until Tuesday.

Speaking of penalty boxes. I spent quite a bit there in my hockey career. I don't take **** from defensemen giving me cheap shots and they seem they lose it when you give it back.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yes Outlaw was right all this time.  :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes Outlaw was right all this time.  :iconic_u_black:

I tried telling people that kept making excuses for the last guy was clueless and was not prepared to be a head coach. I think we heard just about every excuse in the book for him not being able to do the job of showing guys their mistakes and teaching them how to fix it aka coaching players up. Golesh seems to understand the importance of showing guys what they did wrong , but the most important part is coaching guys up to do better next time. You can't just say we don't have the depth or talent. You got to build up what you have and create your own talent and depth.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I came you just already left. How is your wife doing? Brad mentioned Bulls after dark... is that a preview for a zoom or a plug to his own podcast aka onlyfans to fund this place?

Edited by Outlaw

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Sorry I  was refueling on victory fuel.

How was it/is it?

Just now, Brad said:

How was it/is it?

It is pretty good. I got a marzen and knuckles deep whiskey on the rocks. It always taste as good as going streaking feels after a long time.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I came you just already left. How is your wife doing? Brad mentioned Bulls after dark... is that a preview for a zoom or a plug to his own podcast aka onlyfans to fund this place?

Yes.  I’m selling OnlyFans to keep this place afloat.  Plus, USF NIL gets 10% of everything except in-kind vibrator gifts.  

• Haha 1