• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Derrick Brooks on campus

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

30 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

AD's usually are there to increasing winning, increase local community and fan support, and bringing in more funds to the athletic department. Look at  the former AD at ucif did and now at Tennessee. We got the complete opposite impact on the field success and the answer lies in why are we okaying with AD MK having USF fall to the bottom FBs football under his watch? Since he has taken over football has gotten drastically worse. There has to be  a correlation to AD MK to have MBB, baseball, and football all suck under his leadership.

image.thumb.png.d01347b3f37a9a75e0d63232d6442681.png

I think you asked why he hasn't been fired or something like that.  Other than IPF and OCS?  Well, it appears that the IPF and OCS are the reason he's here along with increased donations. You may not like it but those appear to be the reasons. If the Board of Trustees and Ms Law weren't happy with the direction of Athletics then I believe they would fire him. 

So start sending emails to the BOT and Ms Law and ask them to get rid of him. Or, ask them why he's still here. I'm just giving you one possible explanation as to why he is.  If on field/court performance doesn't improve in the next two years there will be many calling for his head. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I think you asked why he hasn't been fired or something like that.  Other than IPF and OCS?  Well, it appears that the IPF and OCS are the reason he's here along with increased donations. You may not like it but those appear to be the reasons. If the Board of Trustees and Ms Law weren't happy with the direction of Athletics then I believe they would fire him. 

So start sending emails to the BOT and Ms Law and ask them to get rid of him. Or, ask them why he's still here. I'm just giving you one possible explanation as to why he is.  If on field/court performance doesn't improve in the next two years there will be many calling for his head. 

Sorry, i made a comment to stir this up (again 🤦‍♂️)...

However, This is the answer. We may not like it but it's probably pretty accurate to what the folks with answers would say if you reached out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Sorry, i made a comment to stir this up (again 🤦‍♂️)...

However, This is the answer. We may not like it but it's probably pretty accurate to what the folks with answers would say if you reached out.

Along with something else some don't care about .... kicking ass in the student part of student-athlete.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

kicking ass in the student part of student-athlete.

Ahhh right. The most important part of our University!

Edited by Sk00b
for all students! not just athletes of course

Just now, Sk00b said:

Ahhh right. The most important part of our University!

.... but not for this board, mostly, which is completely understandable.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

.... but not for this board, mostly, which is completely understandable.

Athletes on measured for their accomplishments  on the field. No one ever talks about how smart a player was 10 to 20 years later that was a zero impact on the field. People still talk about campus Legends of winning teams forever hell they even make statues of then? Can you name me one athlete that people are talking about that got super good grades but was terrible on thr field 10 or more years later that was not a high recruit that busted? It is Great student athletes are performing better and we got AAU status but students athletes are remembered as campus legends for big wins and athletic performances  that stand the test of time.

17 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Athletes on measured for their accomplishments  on the field.

Exactly, as are coaches .... but Athletic Directors have a whole different set of measurements, which presumably does include on the field results for the sports they're responsible for. There's also a whole lot more in their job description that they're measured on, though, but like I said, I get the myopic view of some on the board pertaining to certain sports.

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Exactly, as are coaches .... but Athletic Directors have a whole different set of measurements, which presumably does include on the field results for the sports they're responsible. There's also a whole lot more in their job description that they're measured on, though, but like I said, I get the myopic view of some on the board pertaining to certain sports.

If you look at all the candidates  for Ad of the year all of them had a great years in football. It is no coincidence  . I don't see any Ad's getting boosted for Improving athletes' grades, changing the culture,  or extending every coach at the same time.  

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2023/05/22/Sports-Business-Awards/athletic-director.aspx

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

If you look at all the candidates  for Ad of the year all of them had a great years in football. It is no coincidence  . I don't see any Ad's getting boosted for Improving athletes' grades, changing the culture,  or extending every coach at the same time.  

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2023/05/22/Sports-Business-Awards/athletic-director.aspx

No, they didn't ..... and sprinkled all through the 10 descriptions were fund raising, facilities and academics achievements along with the actual sports. For the record because I know how you roll, I'm not proposing that MK should be on any top 10 AD lists but hopefully you're smart enough to realize that he isn't, and shouldn't be, on any hot seat lists at this point in time either ...

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No, they didn't ..... and sprinkled all through the 10 descriptions were fund raising, facilities and academics achievements along with the actual sports. For the record because I know how you roll, I'm not proposing that MK should be on any top 10 AD lists but hopefully you're smart enough to realize that he isn't, and shouldn't be, on any hot seat lists at this point in time either ...

So you think they are not their because winning is priority and measurement number uno? Those are all secondary. I know you are not he is easily at the bottom 10 because he has zero athletic accomplishments in sports that generate big money and power 5 invites. None of the ads listed failed miserably at winning for 4 straight seasons, are losing at catastrophic levels, and extended a one fbs win coach in two seasons. 

Edited by Outlaw