• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Jeez, some people have to make everything political, a nice post but leave your little left wing wedge topics out of an otherwise positive occasion. 

Doesn’t have anything to do with left wing. It’s just the reality of where we are. He’s made higher education in this state one of his targets for change. We’re obviously doing just fine without it. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

5F925B40-0F45-4722-9DCB-8A22E623F624.jpeg

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Doesn’t have anything to do with left wing. It’s just the reality of where we are. He’s made higher education in this state one of his targets for change. We’re obviously doing just fine without it. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

Reality is that we, of all people, are more than familiar with how political it can get in Florida's university system ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You feel it is doing just fine, others like me feel it needs to change, the liberals have always controlled the narrative to push their agenda and most of us are tired of it.  I would not worry, he will be out of Florida soon enough onto bigger things.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

31 minutes ago, Hokies4Life said:

Yeah, I'm sure FSU is really shaking right now. Also, University of Miami is a part of the AAU, and I'm sure their academics blow you guys out of the water. 

Why are you even here 

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Reality is that we, of all people, are more than familiar with how political it can get in Florida's university system ....

Everything is political… business, education, politics, sports.  Do you guys think he is coming for our AAU and preeminence, what in the hell does us getting the AAU invite have to do with your  governor, nothing, however you guys want to simply interject this nonsense so you have a reason to give each other a reach around. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You feel it is doing just fine, others like me feel it needs to change, the liberals have always controlled the narrative to push their agenda and most of us are tired of it.  I would not worry, he will be out of Florida soon enough onto bigger things.  

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. As someone whose daughter just went through the university system in Florida and didn’t come out “converted” or feel she was subjected to any particular agenda, I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I respect it. But I do live in the backyard of New College and I’ve been watching that one play out. It’s already cost them an international conference on water quality that they were going to host - and its associated economic impact here - but that’s OK, I guess. Who needs that?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. As someone whose daughter just went through the university system in Florida and didn’t come out “converted” or feel she was subjected to any particular agenda, I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I respect it. But I do live in the backyard of New College and I’ve been watching that one play out. It’s already cost them an international conference on water quality that they were going to host - and it’s associated economic impact here - but that’s OK, I guess. Who needs that?

Elementary teacher here. We don’t push “liberal narratives.” But I can agree with frisco’s other post. Nothing like a happening to our AAU status because of him, and not much negative is going to happen overall to the public university systems. It’s all talk to make himself look better for a failing presidential run. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

35 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Dont worry come Jan of 2025 he will no longer be governor. He is moving to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. As someone whose daughter just went through the university system in Florida and didn’t come out “converted” or feel she was subjected to any particular agenda, I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I respect it. But I do live in the backyard of New College and I’ve been watching that one play out. It’s already cost them an international conference on water quality that they were going to host - and it’s associated economic impact here - but that’s OK, I guess. Who needs that?

Lol, I obviously respect yours as well, most University staff is very left wing however the conversion depends on your field of study for the most part.  I guess my only point was I don’t think Desantis has much to do with this discussion . I am normally luke warm on any educational achievements considering the plight of our Athletic department however this is a big ******* deal. 

• Upvote 1