• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:
aau-news-article-spotlight-1000x688.jpg

USF joins group of America’s leading research institutions – the first public university in Florida to be invited in nearly 40 years.

Serious question so what now? I always thought this would be the goal we would talk about forever and strive towards only to have the carrot continue to move but here we are as the dog that caught the mail truck. That President that was here for the cup of coffee really should have stayed as I imagine this is not a bad thing to have on one’s CV.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Serious question so what now? I always thought this would be the goal we would talk about forever and strive towards only to have the carrot continue to move but here we are as the dog that caught the mail truck. That President that was here for the cup of coffee really should have stayed as I imagine this is not a bad thing to have on one’s CV.

I do not believe he had a choice to stay. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I do not believe he had a choice to stay. 

Well that’s a horse of a different color, I guess that makes more sense than him having not realized it’s a job that take a lot of effort and time.

Edited by puc86
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Preeminence was the carrot that kept moving for awhile too, until they simply could no longer deny us

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Top 25 Public University is one goal I've heard we have.

With how much debt we have for the stadium a consistent athletic department has to be a goal. You can't give the Jeff Scott's year 3's when you have to be selling enough tickets to pay off the stadium.

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

Preeminence was the carrot that kept moving for awhile too, until they simply could no longer deny us

That one was too but when you have a very small subset of schools and you need to display some semblance of impartiality as to your funding and still allow two schools to hit it you eventually will run out of things you can use to create the distinction. In theory aau never had to let another school enter and because they aren’t controlling the purse strings of state funding, I am not sure they have to be perfectly fair or transparent about their process when they decide to expand membership. You can’t sit with us seems like it would be sufficient enough a reason, and the one I felt would hold us back another 100 years.

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Top 25 Public University is one goal I've heard we have.

With how much debt we have for the stadium a consistent athletic department has to be a goal. You can't give the Jeff Scott's year 3's when you have to be selling enough tickets to pay off the stadium.

Looking at the people we have to leapfrog that looks very ambitious but getting into the top 50 was remarkably ambitious too, being aau can’t hurt the rise.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

That's fantastic! Probably best news regarding USF in a long time. This and the OCS are truly historic moments for us.

Hopefully it helps us get in a better conference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2