• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB New Additions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

She was officially announced a few weeks ago and discussed in this thread, but 6'3'' forward Romi Levy, a transfer from Auburn, will bring much added length to the Bulls' frontcourt. Roster breakdown is currently: Spain (x4), USA (x3), Netherlands, Finland, Columbia, Canada, Sweden, Italy, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Israel. Unless I missed something, CJF indicated that there was another US based player that was going to be added to the roster, but no post or mention of that player just yet. 

If my count is right, someone has to leave (or be a walk on) to add another. Certainly could be the case. 

It is sort of weird, if someone asked me who the starters are for opening game (assuming no injuries), I could only tell you one of them confidently. lots of talented pieces to see how they all fit into the puzzle. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  56

53 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

If my count is right, someone has to leave (or be a walk on) to add another. Certainly could be the case. 

It is sort of weird, if someone asked me who the starters are for opening game (assuming no injuries), I could only tell you one of them confidently. lots of talented pieces to see how they all fit into the puzzle. 

Best guess, Mike? Sammie and who?  🙂

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

26 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Best guess, Mike? Sammie and who?  🙂

I just don't know. 

We have 3 starters returning, if we assume they keep their jobs, it gets easier. 

But I just don't know. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

You are correct. It was the way that CJF posted this that threw me. It seemed like he had all of the newcomers on one side of the / and the returning players on the other. However, USF has 3 returning US players....so it looks like a typo and I didn't count the returning US flags correctly. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I just don't know. 

We have 3 starters returning, if we assume they keep their jobs, it gets easier. 

But I just don't know. 

The flexibility is going to be crazy. We could see entire line changes next season. No reason to have any player logging more than 30 minutes per game. Really would like to see 8 players averaging about 20 minutes each. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are correct. It was the way that CJF posted this that threw me. It seemed like he had all of the newcomers on one side of the / and the returning players on the other. However, USF has 3 returning US players....so it looks like a typo and I didn't count the returning US flags correctly. 

Another way to interpret the slash is that it is showing that one player (Alvarez) has dual citizenship (US/Colombia).

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I just don't know. 

But I just don't know. 

I would guess Puisis, Lutje, and Levy are starters. I say Lutje based on a couple factors. First, this would be her final year. I don't think that she would come here for her final season to not start. Second, with no experienced big (besides Johansson's limited minutes last year), she would be the most experienced big, by far, on the roster. Despite being only 6'2", she has a lot of experience against the Pac-12's taller bigs. She was Cal's starter last year and is a very good low-post scorer and shot-blocker.

I say Levy as another starter because of her experience, height, athletic capability, outside shooting capability, and shot-blocking capability as well. 

Both Lutje and Levy have lots of experience playing in two of the best conferences. And I think that, based on film, one could argue that they are the two best players on the roster.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm amazed by how women's basketball is so much more popular outside of the U.S. I remember the WNBA players having to go overseas to play professional basketball before the WBNA existed. It's awesome how "international" basketball has become altogether.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

55 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Another way to interpret the slash is that it is showing that one player (Alvarez) has dual citizenship (US/Colombia).

That would actually make sense as that would make it 15 players represented in that tweet

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm amazed by how women's basketball is so much more popular outside of the U.S. I remember the WNBA players having to go overseas to play professional basketball before the WBNA existed. It's awesome how "international" basketball has become altogether.

They still have to go overseas to get paid more $$$ outside of a few exceptions (at least that was the case pre Covid). Believe Courtney Williams played in Australia maybe??