• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Golesh Interview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Best quote from the Ryan Leaf interview is when he is talking about the Leavitt teams and the upsets etc..

He says "what the heck happened to them and why are they calling me?". Yes, Goach, we are all wondering what happened as well. 

The interview was really good. Would recommend all Bulls fans to listen.

And yes agreed! This part hit me like a ton of bricks bc that is an excellent question. What the heck happened???

Now I know a good part of his job is to be a salesman, but he really sold me on his legitimacy of following the program from the Leavitt days. He sounded like most of us when we reflect on the good old days and how we need to get back to that level. Best part is he's the HC and sounds like a fan. I like it, still too soon to tell but his interest in the program at a personal level definitely has me intrigued...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

The football team did crazy stuff early on and it was assumed that would continue without any infrastructure/support, simple as that. 

Back to the subject, the one thing I have been pleased to hear from Golesh is the two words "national championship" coming out of his mouth. What a breath of fresh air to have someone in USF gear in a position in power to just - gasp - clearly articulate that winning at the highest level is the goal, is expected, and is what we are here to do. Love it. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

My conspiracy theory brain says he knows we're heading to the B1G and we should start planning trips to Ann Arbor ASAP

Always trust the conspiracy theory brain.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

The football team did crazy stuff early on and it was assumed that would continue without any infrastructure/support, simple as that. 

Back to the subject, the one thing I have been pleased to hear from Golesh is the two words "national championship" coming out of his mouth. What a breath of fresh air to have someone in USF gear in a position in power to just - gasp - clearly articulate that winning at the highest level is the goal, is expected, and is what we are here to do. Love it. 

Well we could have invested in athletics back then but Judy went all in on academics to pave the pathway to AAU status.  Some say it is better but I wish it was not at the expense of athletics. Now we seem to be investing into athletics heavily. I hope it isn't too late to turn this around because we lost all the momentum  we had under the Leavitt days when we joined the Aac and let other teams jump us.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

"We were just talking about uniforms...like, do we do something new and unique?", says Golesh. "And I'm like, how about the green and gold, and the gold helmet, and we just rock that, and we go with that because that's who we are, that's how it was built

GO BULLS!

Edited by BDYZR
  • Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

Honestly, if you could play as well as they did working out of a trailer and winning games in Ray Jay then a person could argue that if it worked then.......  

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

"We were just talking about uniforms...like, do we do something new and unique?", says Golesh. "And I'm like, how about the green and gold, and the gold helmet, and we just rock that, and we go with that because that's who we are, that's how it was built

GO BULLS!

That is the best quote from him. Eff that slime crime nonsense. Time to go back what  worked before amd build  on the  scrappy and intensity playing style  we had knocking down top 25 programs and build on the tradition of the gold and green. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That is the best quote from him. Eff that slime crime nonsense. Time to go back what  worked before amd build  on the  scrappy and intensity playing style  we had knocking down top 25 programs and build on the tradition of the gold and green. 

He also talked about having a black jersey, so let the boomer complaints begin.

7 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

He also talked about having a black jersey, so let the boomer complaints begin.

It's not a boomer comment it is our school colors are not slime green.  You can go black jerseys with tradition usf gold and green. Do you see any of the blue blood and top tier programs going neon colors that are not school colors consistently (Bama/Osu/Michigan 3/4 playoff teams last year)? There is something to wearing your school colors consistently  and building tradition.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

Slime Green alts are great! Nothing wrong with a little So Flo swag