• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most Likely FCS Over FBS Wins In 2023 - HERO Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, after Shaw broke the first play for an 80 yard TD, I thought we would cruise however they laid 40 unanswered on us which took a little wind out of our sales. FAMU is trash, not possible losing to them. 

IIRC FAMU had a pretty solid season last year and got jobbed out of a playoff shot. Looked back and they won 9 straight after losing their first 2. Take it all with a grain of alt since that's at the FCS level, but if we go in thinking it's just gonna be a cakewalk, them dudes might just kick the dog doo out of us. We suck until we don't, I'm not taking anything for granted.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

IIRC FAMU had a pretty solid season last year and got jobbed out of a playoff shot. Looked back and they won 9 straight after losing their first 2. Take it all with a grain of alt since that's at the FCS level, but if we go in thinking it's just gonna be a cakewalk, them dudes might just kick the dog doo out of us. We suck until we don't, I'm not taking anything for granted.

We suck alright however they play in the SWAC, one of the weakest conferences in the FCS, it will not be close. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Friscobull said:

We suck alright however they play in the SWAC, one of the weakest conferences in the FCS, it will not be close. 

A decade ago, I believed that USF was playing IAA teams just for practice under the lights. Then, all of a sudden, McNeese State decided that I had been believing that for just a little too long. We can't rule out the possibility that FAMU is keenly aware of what USF has become and could show up smelling blood in the water. Couple that with a new coach and history of abysmal performance and this could be close, if not a loss. My days of thinking U of SF has anything 'in the bag' beforehand are officially over.  Gotta remember, our good friends at Appalachian State got a lot of mileage out of defeating Michigan*, so losing to a SWAC team is not exactly out of the question. 

* no, I'm not comparing u of sf to Michigan. Just sayin'

Edited by WoolyBully
closing thoughts
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

A decade ago, I believed that USF was playing IAA teams just for practice under the lights. Then, all of a sudden, McNeese State decided that I had been believing that for just a little too long. We can't rule out the possibility that FAMU is keenly aware of what USF has become and could show up smelling blood in the water. Couple that with a new coach and history of abysmal performance and this could be close, if not a loss. My days of thinking U of SF has anything 'in the bag' beforehand are officially over.  Gotta remember, our good friends at Appalachian State got a lot of mileage out of defeating Michigan*, so losing to a SWAC team is not exactly out of the question. 

* no, I'm not comparing u of sf to Michigan. Just sayin'

I don’t disagree with anything you are saying except this is not McNeese St or App st, this is freakin FAMU from the SWAC, this is not serious football IMO. 

Just now, Friscobull said:

I don’t disagree with anything you are saying except this is not McNeese St or App st, this is freakin FAMU from the SWAC, this is not serious football IMO. 

This is like comparing us to Bama because we are both FBS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Friscobull said:

This is like comparing us to Bama because we are both FBS

Bama will use usf as toilet paper if they want to.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

CONFIRMED

5. Florida A&M at South Florida (September 9)

USF has had a tough go of it in recent year. The Bulls have won a mere three games over the last two seasons, two of those victories coming over FCS competition. This year Florida A&M will get a crack at USF and look to avenge their 2021 loss in Tampa. The Rattlers are one of the best teams in SWAC and are looking to make a run at the Celebration Bowl this year. Willie Simons and his team is just two years removed from a trip to the playoffs and only lost two games all of last season (one to FBS North Carolina and the other to Jackson State). The Rattlers will return the likes of quarterback Jeremy Moussa and one of his top targets in Jah’Marae Sheread. FAMU will be no pushover and if USF isn’t careful they could be on the wrong end of this one.

usa_today_19063010.jpg

FCS teams will square off with FBS foes 118 times this season. Who has the best chance to pull off the upsets?

3 hours ago, Brad said:

CONFIRMED

5. Florida A&M at South Florida (September 9)

USF has had a tough go of it in recent year. The Bulls have won a mere three games over the last two seasons, two of those victories coming over FCS competition. This year Florida A&M will get a crack at USF and look to avenge their 2021 loss in Tampa. The Rattlers are one of the best teams in SWAC and are looking to make a run at the Celebration Bowl this year. Willie Simons and his team is just two years removed from a trip to the playoffs and only lost two games all of last season (one to FBS North Carolina and the other to Jackson State). The Rattlers will return the likes of quarterback Jeremy Moussa and one of his top targets in Jah’Marae Sheread. FAMU will be no pushover and if USF isn’t careful they could be on the wrong end of this one.

usa_today_19063010.jpg

FCS teams will square off with FBS foes 118 times this...

I will try to explain this one more time, the best team in the SWAC is not a contender or a playoff team in the FCS.  They are shat, I will make this promise to you that I will leave TBP for good if we can’t beat that team at home. Hopefully this doesn’t have a few of you rooting for the Rattlers.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I will try to explain this one more time, the best team in the SWAC is not a contender or a playoff team in the FCS.  They are shat, I will make this promise to you that I will leave TBP for good if we can’t beat that team at home. Hopefully this doesn’t have a few of you rooting for the Rattlers.

image.png.1f566cf5ddbf8201cd1f9b80407bef61.png

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

image.png.1f566cf5ddbf8201cd1f9b80407bef61.png

It really isn’t, If we can’t beat FAMU then I don’t have the energy to continue anyways.  However I plan to have a farewell thread that rivals Jonesybull. 😀

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

A contract will be PM'd to you shortly. Please Docu-sign before the season kicks off ...............