• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moving on from Brey.... Who is rumored to be in the running? Who do you want?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yessir.

That attendance thing was kind of eye opening .... I do think football did a little number on hoops attendance also.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That attendance thing was kind of eye opening .... I do think football did a little number on hoops attendance also.

Correct.  Seth didn't win enough (also way under .500 in conference C-USA), but Football did impact the impact of basketball.  Seth started in 1996 when basketball was the thing.  Soon it was eclipsed.  He even had some of the bratty donors on his ass during games.  Some of our more unsightly days back then.

I think Seth's biggest problem was he was a salesman and every season struggled to deliver product.  ESPN is his wheelhouse.  If he is wise, he'll stay there.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And anyone who knows his recruiting history at Va Tech can appreciate the irony of that part ....

If I may add, the biggest flub I have ever heard of in the history of collegiate sports recruiting. The son of arguably the greatest player ever for your program dreams his entire life of being a Hokie and you reject him. Seems worse when you consider what he said on his way out of here 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I think Seth's biggest problem was he was a salesman and every season struggled to deliver product.  ESPN is his wheelhouse.  If he is wise, he'll stay there.

My theory is that Brey called Seth, to get the lowdown on broadcasting as opposed to coaching here ......

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Stan Heath! Slow down, boring basketball. Let’s average 45 ppg!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Coach K

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,364
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Correct.  Seth didn't win enough (also way under .500 in conference C-USA), but Football did impact the impact of basketball.  Seth started in 1996 when basketball was the thing.  Soon it was eclipsed.  He even had some of the bratty donors on his ass during games.  Some of our more unsightly days back then.

This seems similar to our current AD .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I'm extremely tired so forgive me for being slightly confused. Football ends in Nov/Dec and MBB is just ramping up then. How does the performance of a football team hurt a school's MBB program?  Doesn't one of them play on campus and one does not?  If only Notre Dame could sell out both. Alabama fans aren't showing up to MBB this year? 

If you field a good MBB team I'm pretty sure it won't matter how the football team does. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

39 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm extremely tired so forgive me for being slightly confused. Football ends in Nov/Dec and MBB is just ramping up then. How does the performance of a football team hurt a school's MBB program?  Doesn't one of them play on campus and one does not?  If only Notre Dame could sell out both. Alabama fans aren't showing up to MBB this year? 

If you field a good MBB team I'm pretty sure it won't matter how the football team does. 

Actually it is basically the other way around. Field a great football team. Get that ACC invite along with the OCS. Brings tons of funds to hire great hoops coaches 

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,111
  • Days Won:  56

OK, so one name that hit me very early on in this process who I haven’t seen mentioned with any job anywhere is Tom Crean. I know he cratered at Georgia, but he was very good at both Marquette and Indiana. Anyone know why he doesn’t seem to be in the mix for a job anywhere?