• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moving on from Brey.... Who is rumored to be in the running? Who do you want?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  841
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Has the landscape changed enough over the last 10 years to put him at a disadvantage

NIL has changed everything. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

Hat Throw GIFs | Tenor

:roflmao:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

40 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:
47 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Greenburg is interesting.  He hasn't coached in 10 years after 22 years of .567 winning record.  Has the landscape changed enough over the last 10 years to put him at a disadvantage with recruiting, game play and culture.  He's 66 so maybe we could get a good 5 years out of him.  I'd be up for giving it a try.  

He also would be well known to recruits due to his espn gig. Interesting to say the least.

Why not go straight to **** Vitale?  He's still in the neighborhood I believe, but he may be a diaper dandy now.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

25 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

There was talk of VPMK being a link to the ACC. Is he? IF he is, can we afford to fire him. Or, can we afford not to? In laymen's terms, wins and losses, he's a failure. But I'm not privy to the behind the scenes work. Yes, we have and are improving facilities, but how much of that is VPMK?

Well lets see how the OCS turns out. Looks like it will happen, but what will it look like and by when will it be built. will it look like the FAU stadium ( which is meh at best), or will it look like San Diego State ( really nice). So too early to give Kelly credit for an OCS just yet.

His main job is to hire coaches. Still waiting for who the basketball coach will be, but he (we) cannot afford to get this wrong.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

Greenburg is interesting.  He hasn't coached in 10 years after 22 years of .567 winning record.  Has the landscape changed enough over the last 10 years to put him at a disadvantage with recruiting, game play and culture.  He's 66 so maybe we could get a good 5 years out of him.  I'd be up for giving it a try.  

Nancy Reagan's most memorable 'Just Say No' moments | PR Week

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

The basketball program has been so bad for so long and been unable to build anything close to sustainability it needs a coach that has experience.  Anything less would be a mistake and frankly the program cannot afford another miss. VPMK has been steering toward a cliff and seems to NOT have a plan.  No one could defend his hiring and retention decisions thus far.  Another miss and he is a dead man walking.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

34 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hat Throw GIFs | Tenor

Nancy Reagan's most memorable 'Just Say No' moments | PR Week

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  671
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

There was talk of VPMK being a link to the ACC. Is he? IF he is, can we afford to fire him. Or, can we afford not to? In laymen's terms, wins and losses, he's a failure. But I'm not privy to the behind the scenes work. Yes, we have and are improving facilities, but how much of that is VPMK?

I think he's full of it. So far his connections have led to jack **** and very little (if any) progress. 

I say this as a die hard fan and alumnus who wants to see the university prosper. I just fear he is not it.

Would not be upset to see him go. The right AD can make moves and make them fast.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

Greenberg had no basketball facility and the sundome was a dump back then.  He did really well with what he had to work with.  He would at least get players.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

Greenberg hasn't coached in 10 years. Wouldn't make any sense for Kelly to go this route unless he is desperate. if you rehired a coach it should have been Leavitt.

He wouldn't be my first or second choice but what about Richey from Furman at this point; took his team to second round of the NCAAT and has a 139-55 winning record. Been a consistent winner. Not the perfect choice at this point but in my book much better then Capko and Greenberg options.