• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Honestly, I believe you’re right. It’s fun to discuss, but I’m sure it’ll be someone none of us have even mentioned.

I agree, but I am still hoping for a big name. I feel the last hire we got right was Taggart. Jury still out on Golesh and I have been impressed with what I have seen so far,  but still feel we could have made a bigger, more splashy hire. Hope Golesh proves me wrong on that, and I think he can.  However when Antigua, Strong, and Scott were appointed I had a sinking feeling that we made the wrong hire. I am hoping this time around not to feel the same way about the new basketball hire.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

23 hours ago, puc86 said:

More of an NSync guy? 

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

Drove my daughter 5 hours to Albany, NY to take her to see NSync. Besides the 17k screaming girls it wasn't a horrible concert. I was glad I brought ear plugs. Only other time I used them at a concert was a few years ago when we saw PitBull. Yep, NSync and Pitbull in the same conversation. Only on the Bullspen.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The interviews I saw, it seemed mutual. They both felt it was time for something new. And Brey joked that, “23 South Bend winters are enough”

I know a city that solves this problem.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

OK, so here's the first actual reference to what I'm hoping becomes reality . . . 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I agree, but I am still hoping for a big name. I feel the last hire we got right was Taggart. Jury still out on Golesh and I have been impressed with what I have seen so far,  but still feel we could have made a bigger, more splashy hire. Hope Golesh proves me wrong on that, and I think he can.  However when Antigua, Strong, and Scott were appointed I had a sinking feeling that we made the wrong hire. I am hoping this time around not to feel the same way about the new basketball hire.

Heard something funny about Strong this weekend.  His family and friends think he wasn't given a fair chance at USF lol.  He had the most prolific QB in USF history (arguably) and couldn't win the conference, then ended up coaching the first team in college football history to start 7-0 and not win another game for the rest of the season after that. He quite literally regressed every year and could never get an offense fluently established here. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Heard something funny about Strong this weekend.  His family and friends think he wasn't given a fair chance at USF lol.  He had the most prolific QB in USF history (arguably) and couldn't win the conference, then ended up coaching the first team in college football history to start 7-0 and not win another game for the rest of the season after that. He quite literally regressed every year and could never get an offense fluently established here. 

If his friends and family think he wasn't given a fair shot after taking over a team averaging 40+ points a game and already ranked, with one of the most talented QBs in the country, and promptly turning them into a dumpster fire within 3 years, I don't know what to tell them.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

52 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

This is laughable . . . 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Do you often hear people say that they earned their firing? Usually family and friends share the perspective of their family and friend and when someone is fired that feeling is usually aggrieved. I would  actually understand this from CJS’ perspective as according to VPMK he was his partner in doing all of the things VPMK said he valued, wanted and saw coming to fruition; none of those things ever highlighted and prioritized winning.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Do you often hear people say that they earned their firing? Usually family and friends share the perspective of their family and friend and when someone is fired that feeling is usually aggrieved. I would  actually understand this from CJS’ perspective as according to VPMK he was his partner in doing all of the things VPMK said he valued, wanted and saw coming to fruition; none of those things ever highlighted and prioritized winning.

He was most certainly given a fair chance.  He wasn't hired to come in and rebuild a program.  I know what you mean about it making sense for his family to say that, but I just think it's a funny take, especially considering it was behind closed doors.  I think "it just didn't work out" is a more realistic take on it.  But like you said, they are his family and it makes sense for them to support him.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

Pitino heading to st johns on a 6 year deal