• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Serious request

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Fantastic photo. We have a great community here at USF. Sending recovery wishes over CR.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

All our continued love and best wishes for your bride's rapid recovery.  And a happy Valentine's Day to you love birds.💘

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. Will continue to need them. Just cancelled a cruise in June. Our goal is to make a planned river cruise in May of 2024.  A 1 to 2 year recovery period for this type fracture is expected. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Wanted to update you guys. My wife's left wrist has been in a brace instead of cast for the past couple of weeks. Been doing a little therapy on it. Fingers are moving and can bring all the fingers to her thumb except for pinkie.

She had an operation on March 9th to remove the rods and pins in the heel/ankle. Came home with a splint and had a cast put on the following week. Went back to the doc yesterday and x-rays showed some bone growth.  Had the cast taken off her leg and is now in a removable boot so she got to get into the shower for the first time in 8 weeks. A bit of a project but we got it done. 

Still non weight bearing for at least the next 5 weeks. Can't lie that being a caregiver for everything is exhausting. But I've discovered that my cooking doesn't suck and the laundry at least smells clean 😃 A surprising thing is that I'm drinking less, not more. Can't afford to get too drowsy but still managing to have a little bourbon or wine now and then.

Doctor reminded us we've come a long way but that there is still a very long way to go in this process.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

🙏

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Glad to hear she is recovering and you are taking good care of her. My wife has major surgery coming up next month so I will be doing the same thing.  Any pointers on how to consume less Bourbon while dealing with the added stress or being a garegiver ?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Glad to hear she is recovering and you are taking good care of her. My wife has major surgery coming up next month so I will be doing the same thing.  Any pointers on how to consume less Bourbon while dealing with the added stress or being a garegiver ?

One thing is that there is very little time - and I'm retired - can't imagine how you'll handle it if you are working. If you work from home that's an advantage. For 8 weeks now I've moved her everywhere she wants needs to go, bring her whatever she needs, wash every dish, make most meals (with pizza the exception which led to food poisoning causing us to postpone the pin removal and some meals friends and our daughter have brought to the house), laundry, cleaning the house, load and unload the wheelchair when we go to the doctors. All while going through my own shoulder therapy. Had one cleaning service come and the house was worse when they left. Had another one come and they were excellent but they're too far to come every week or two so I'm on a 4 or 5 week schedule when they can fit it in. If it was just her foot we'd probably be in a much better place but with both the wrist and foot she can't cut her food, can't open a bottle. Sorry for venting. 

Hope her surgery goes well and be patient and be prepared to work your butt off.  What is she having done if you don't mind sharing? You can PM me if you don't want to post.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

One thing is that there is very little time - and I'm retired - can't imagine how you'll handle it if you are working. If you work from home that's an advantage. For 8 weeks now I've moved her everywhere she wants needs to go, bring her whatever she needs, wash every dish, make most meals (with pizza the exception which led to food poisoning causing us to postpone the pin removal and some meals friends and our daughter have brought to the house), laundry, cleaning the house, load and unload the wheelchair when we go to the doctors. All while going through my own shoulder therapy. Had one cleaning service come and the house was worse when they left. Had another one come and they were excellent but they're too far to come every week or two so I'm on a 4 or 5 week schedule when they can fit it in. If it was just her foot we'd probably be in a much better place but with both the wrist and foot she can't cut her food, can't open a bottle. Sorry for venting. 

Hope her surgery goes well and be patient and be prepared to work your butt off.  What is she having done if you don't mind sharing? You can PM me if you don't want to post.

Thank you man. Just pm me if you want to know. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Thank you man. Just pm me if you want to know. 

I’m in my early 40’s and mostly work from home and have no small children to look after and I wouldn’t even consider taking care of my wife for a few hours. I would have checked her directly into a rehab facility from the hospital. The thought of doing it myself wouldn’t have ever even crossed my mind as being an option, if I didn’t know better I would think this may mean she is right and I may actually be the problem.