• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

You realize how expensive this stadium would be? Heck they are spending $55 million to do things like widening seats, adding more aisle seats, putting chairback seats where there were previously the bleachers.

This is on top of the $286 million renovation they had in 2009.

New Turf Appears to be Coming Along Beautifully at Boone Pickens Stadium |  Pistols Firing

Not to overlook the fact we do not have a T. Boone Pickens as our sugar daddy. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Minnesota's stadium is a good "I like that one" for me. Not quite as extravagant as OSU's, but looks very similar in design with 10k less fans. Subtract another 10k (to get to 40k) and paint it green and gold, plus more shade application. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

So did we but I think they all are enjoying more success then usf over the last 5 years and are bringing in more cash. All we can do is start  winning,  trying to build back any fanbase and local interest we can, and find a coach that is capable of taking usf back to a relevance again. As coach Golesh says "just gotta win" and winning is all that matters at this point.

That covers about 310 teams counting basketball. Not a real exclusive club. 😃

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

45 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Not to overlook the fact we do not have a T. Boone Pickens as our sugar daddy. 

Tampa Bay has sugar daddies though.  #grindset 🤔

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

50 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Minnesota's stadium is a good "I like that one" for me. Not quite as extravagant as OSU's, but looks very similar in design with 10k less fans. Subtract another 10k (to get to 40k) and paint it green and gold, plus more shade application. 

now thats a good one, has all the luxury boxes on one side so you can have the concourse but still looks like a real stadium

Cost 383 million in 2021 dollars for 50k capacity. Something similar but chopping off 10-15k in capacity and adding shade seems realistic

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

I like the Huntington Bank Stadium... But it is expensinve.

Why not just do something similar to TD ECU stadium (with slightly better amenities) with the same capacity ($40k)? It was an excellent price!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

4 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

That's definitely closer to what I was hoping to see, i.e. something traditional, or traditional with a USF twist. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

56 minutes ago, Bear said:

I like the Huntington Bank Stadium... But it is expensinve.

Why not just do something similar to TD ECU stadium (with slightly better amenities) with the same capacity ($40k)? It was an excellent price!

This one works for me, too. Football, much less futbol. (That leak, I just can't shake that it looks like some ultra modern take on a soccer stadium).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

I agree Houston and Minnesota are good examples. Also I think Baylor, Colorado State, and San Diego State did a good job with their stadiums. Stadiums that I am not a fan of are FAU, and Tulane. I am not knocking theirs since theirs are still pretty good.

We need to get this right since we don't get do overs. It needs to be something that looks like it belongs in a major conference.

Opening the new OCS will be a great day in USF history. I am glad USF administration has finally realized that doing so is very important.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883

Seems like the sentiment in here is more "classical" football stadium design. Would not surprise me if the school opts for a more contemporary, unique, stadium (ala the renderings), and ultimately I'll be happy with either as long as it's functional (water fountains, club seating, hopefully some shade, noise, etc.)

Maybe we should start a serious thread on wish-lists that people who monitor this forums like John can report back to admin during design phase. Would not hurt to try to provide some input for what the more vocal fans would appreciate. Things like a grass berm, picturesque design from every angle (non-stop marketing, think Sparkman Wharf), green seats, nice club section (RJS spoils us) are a couple things on my wish list. 

Edited by USF_Bullsharks
  • Like 2