• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

With Weaver and Jennings returning, it looks to me like the offense really only needs to replace two guys of any significance in Horn and Meech. Does that sound right? If that is the case, just play ANY defense at all and we’re more than OK.

I really think the WR transfer we got can come close to replacing Horn. I really like his video. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

This is a guy I’m really interested in seeing . . . odd coincidence, but I ran into a guy at my work who coached on his high school staff and he LOVES the kid. He said Michigan State recruited him really hard until he had a knee injury and then they backed off. That gave us the chance to sign him last year. We heard not a word about him this year, but he put up insane high school numbers and he has plenty of size for a DE at 6-3/250 . . . 

Williams_Michael_H_22_WEB.jpg

Michael Williams II (14) Defensive End - A dynamic pass rusher that played linebacker and defensive

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It may not be a massive rebuild but you're your definitely going to miss someone, at a key position, with the caliber of Brad Cecil ...

I thought Dustyn Hall played really well there when he had to.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

39 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We got DEs!!!  That's something.  So actually good topic.  Now that we know these spots are filled shoring up what we could get in a short notice, can they go all in to address these gaps for the vintage signing day?  

We lost 5 DTs to graduation - Yates, Grant, Sease, Harford, and Jbril Glaze. I mean I've been crying about getting a 300Ib+ DT for the past 3 years. The portal is FULL of good DT's. Today is not over so I'll be patient. 

Who remains -

Nick Bags DL 293
Rashad Cheney DL 285
Jacquez Williams DL 293
Jhalin Hobbs DL 291
Danny Gonzalez (PWO) DT 264
Colby Smith (PWO) DT 269

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

A bit disturbing that we recruited so poorly on the side of the ball that needed the most work.... Could be wrong.... Just does not look good on paper..... Like, literally... That did not look good on paper

I think it's just tough with the 2.5 week turnaround time between getting hired and the early signing day to do significant recruiting work. Golesh will probably keep looking for pieces in areas of need with transfers. Especially the second wave that comes after spring camp. The 2024 class will be a better indicator of how good/bad his staff is at recruiting with a full year to work on the class.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

24 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

A bit disturbing that we recruited so poorly on the side of the ball that needed the most work.... Could be wrong.... Just does not look good on paper..... Like, literally... That did not look good on paper

I am also concerned about that one.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We lost 5 DTs to graduation - Yates, Grant, Sease, Harford, and Jbril Glaze. I mean I've been crying about getting a 300Ib+ DT for the past 3 years. The portal is FULL of good DT's. Today is not over so I'll be patient. 

Who remains -

Nick Bags DL 293
Rashad Cheney DL 285
Jacquez Williams DL 293
Jhalin Hobbs DL 291
Danny Gonzalez (PWO) DT 264
Colby Smith (PWO) DT 269

Yeah we might need to get a lobbyist.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

17 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I thought Dustyn Hall played really well there when he had to.

That would be awesome .... didn't really pay that close of attention this year.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

Hopefully Weaver won’t sit out any games to ponder his future next season. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I think it's just tough with the 2.5 week turnaround time between getting hired and the early signing day to do significant recruiting work. Golesh will probably keep looking for pieces in areas of need with transfers. Especially the second wave that comes after spring camp. The 2024 class will be a better indicator of how good/bad his staff is at recruiting with a full year to work on the class.

I agree. Still a lot of recruiting to be done. impressed by what he did in his first two weeks. Today is not the end of recruiting for next year. I expect more additions through the transfer portal over the next several months.

• Upvote 2