• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think we dodged a bullet here

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Typically this is a no, so by the time we have our first big bowl game we will need an interim coach.

And don't forget the portal...my point before.  We've not had a coach leave after USF SUCCESS in the era of the Portal and with the player no longer having to sit.

Deion could take everyone he wants with him as could Golesh.  It's a brutal stepping stone life.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Deion could take everyone he wants with him as could Golesh.  It's a brutal stepping stone life.

Good point.  It's a bummer to me that CFB has ended up in this situation.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The pros of landing Deion would have outweighed any potential cons in the short run. No one can seriously argue that point. Ticket sales, donations, interest....all would have been at or near record highs. Yes, he is arrogant, abrasive, and pompous. There is more than one way to skin a cat and both he and CAG could have ended up being successful here in their own way.

For CAG, it's about hard work and winning. Deion put his in already and is able to reap the benefits of his exceptional talents. There is no need to hate on him for that. Did he play us? Probably. Do I care? Not really. That is the nature of the beast. 

At this point, let's set aside the sour grapes and focus all of our time, energy, and positivity into helping CAG get this program back to where it once was. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

And don't forget the portal...my point before.  We've not had a coach leave after USF SUCCESS in the era of the Portal and with the player no longer having to sit.

The only thing with this is that often times, the coaches with big egos tend to look down on their current situation. I would guess that if Tags could have taken Q to Oregon, he probably wouldn't have... his ego probably made him feel like Q is a nice player in the American, but in the PAC, I have Justin Herbert... while this may be true-ish, I would be willing to bet that Q would win more games than Herbert, even in the PAC. When coaches are looking at a job as a stepping stone, most will only see the smallest percent of their current players as being worthy of taking with them to their newer better job.

Sanders may not be that way because he's going to be punching above his class with recruiting.

BUT... I don't know about Golesh, the only comparison I have is to Taggart and my gut feel on how he felt about this program.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

49 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

You saw what I saw as well. I watched the eight minute version of the speech. The kid removing the hat struck a chord with me. He instantly understood the premise and was buying in to what Deion was preaching. The other kids - honestly, most with hats on were probably not intelligent enough to absorb what Deion was stating. It reminded me of Andre Waters taking my hat from me and never giving it back in 2000 when I wore it inside of a cafeteria after he had said previously to the team, "no hats inside". I was pissed (not much of a hairline then). I understood it. Still didn't make me happy. 

Deion kept it honest with the kids. Yes, some will leave. They're leaving everywhere though - nature of the beast. He didn't sugarcoat what he's bringing to the table. Can he coach? I bet he knows X's and O's better than anyone on this message board (from him watching years of film at a level much higher than we can ever understand). He literally shut down half the field when he played even though he rarely hit someone - he shied away from contact unlike Sean Taylor (different position - I get it). However no one wanted to throw on peak Deion. The question becomes - does Deion surround himself with some good chiefs? He's got a lot of money to buy the assistant pool - probably the smartest thing he did when he negotiated his contract (which tells me he's not naïve).  

He's not going to out-talent everyone next season in the Pac-12. I'd be willing to say we have an easier path to a playoff berth when it really matters (2024). Next year is a throw away year. Maybe we win the conference and get a NYE bowl (assuming everything goes well for us - not unrealistic if we use the portal and Golesh's system goes as planned). In reality, I care about 2024. That's when the weakening of our conference becomes our advantage and we throw years of mismanagement by our administration back at UCF as we back our way into the playoffs year in and year out. Let's be honest - Gus is not going to win in the Big 12 with his current roster. They are going to be meddling around like WVU. That's the true reality. 

Will Golesh stick around? He's got no real ties like some of us do. Think about it. He's Russian. He wasn't born into a Notre Dame household, an Alabama household, an OSU household, a UM household. Hell, the best university around him was Rutgers.  I fear they could potentially poach him one day if anyone comes at him first. Maybe he would want to go to OSU long term - but even that would be a long stretch in three years. If his family falls in love in Tampa, he could be here like Coach E (assuming he comes in and starts winning and doesn't want to leave). Our area is addictive. We lost Tags to Oregon after two excellent seasons - Golesh isn't foolish. He'll weigh everything out - and our deep pocket alumnus are going to have to step it up in a few years if they want to keep him. 

Let me strike the one comment. I literally confused Brooklyn in NY with Brooklyn in Ohio. Rutgers ain't poaching him.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, smazza said:

i wish we had deion sanders as our head coach

the publicity alone would have helped the school

he will definitely make colorado a winning program again. i am not saying top 25.

he would make us aac champions for sure

colorado has the money to pay him

Not according to their AD

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Not according to their AD

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Not only is he telling the current players to get lost, but the school does not even have the money to pay him.   They said "We don't have the money yet, but I know we'll have it, so I'm not worried about that piece."   So are they cashing in their FTX holdings?  🤣    He thinks his FCS/ HBCU level QB son is going to tear it up in the PAC-12?

I think they are talking way too much advantage of the legal recreational Mary Jane in Colorado. 

Imagine what Prime Ego demanded from USF for input to the OCS?

I initially wanted Deion, but I had worries about his ego.   This is not the way to build a program.  Sure it gets you headlines and social media credits, but try to cash in those chips.   I predict troubles ahead for Colorado.   

I will gladly admit if I am wrong.

37ae2900-745b-11ed-af7e-32eedd3c83c5

"I'm coming, and when I get here, it's gonna be changed."

7 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Not only is he telling the current players to get lost, but the school does not even have the money to pay him.   They said "We don't have the money yet, but I know we'll have it, so I'm not worried about that piece."   So are they cashing in their FTX holdings?  🤣    He thinks his FCS/ HBCU level QB son is going to tear it up in the PAC-12?

I think they are talking way too much advantage of the legal recreational Mary Jane in Colorado. 

Imagine what Prime Ego demanded from USF for input to the OCS?

I initially wanted Deion, but I had worries about his ego.   This is not the way to build a program.  Sure it gets you headlines and social media credits, but try to cash in those chips.   I predict troubles ahead for Colorado.   

I will gladly admit if I am wrong.

37ae2900-745b-11ed-af7e-32eedd3c83c5

"I'm coming, and when I get here, it's gonna be changed."

1. His son is a BALLER. Unless you watched him play, don't criticize. 

2. CU went 1 - 11 last year. Nobody should be offended that he wants to replace them. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

1-11?  
:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

1. His son is a BALLER. Unless you watched him play, don't criticize. 

2. CU went 1 - 11 last year. Nobody should be offended that he wants to replace them. 

His son looked great against subpar competition. Now the playing time will definitely help with his confidence level going to CU, however I don't see him tearing up Pac-12 defenses like he did the porous SWAC defenses.