• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

I don’t see us beating WKU.  There offense will light up the scoreboard against our Defense 

Awesome!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

I don’t see us beating WKU.  There offense will light up the scoreboard against our Defense 

maybe, maybe not

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, olafberserker said:

maybe, maybe not

Hopefully we hire a great DC.. we shall see 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

It is possible, I am waiting to see some hires and transfers before committing  to any real predictions. If we get a competent staff we could easily improve drastically. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

20 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

UTSA are losing like half their starters... and UAB is not Cincy, UCF, or Houston.

It comes down to the defense... but if that begins to get better (even just a little), USF has some wins on the schedule.

OOC: @WKU, FAMU, BAMA, and @UConn
AAC Home: Rice, FAU, Charlotte, Temple
AAC Away: @UTSA, @Memphis, @UAB, @Navy

USF should go 5-1 at home and pick up 1-3 wins on the road.

Unless the defense craps the bed again.

Expecting a Bowl Birth in 2023!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

20 hours ago, belgianbull said:

We can't really afford 2 more years of not having a winning season; especially in a weaker conference. I expect more conference realignment, and right now programs like Memphis and others are probably ahead of us. New coaches come in all the time and turn programs around in less time. That's why I am not a fan of the new hire since he has no HC experience and comes with training wheels.

If you’re fixated on the idea that Golesh, like Scott, has never been a head coach, then you should also think about this: 

Kirby Smart had never been a head coach when he went to Georgia. Lincoln Riley had never been a head coach before taking over Oklahoma. Josh Heupel had never been a head coach before he was hired at UCF. Jimbo Fisher had never been a head coach before he was promoted at Florida State. And the list goes on and on...

Also, HCAG has worked his way up thru multiple coaching changes, systems, and situations. Been a part of multiple rebuilds, ALL of them successful.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Expectations? 
The guy has one year experience as OC and we were the worst team in FBS last year record wise. How can you expect anything?

I’ll be amazed if he wins 2 games next year.  

Time to pray. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

If you’re fixated on the idea that Golesh, like Scott, has never been a head coach, then you should also think about this: 

Kirby Smart had never been a head coach when he went to Georgia. Lincoln Riley had never been a head coach before taking over Oklahoma. Josh Heupel had never been a head coach before he was hired at UCF. Jimbo Fisher had never been a head coach before he was promoted at Florida State. And the list goes on and on...

Also, HCAG has worked his way up thru multiple coaching changes, systems, and situations. Been a part of multiple rebuilds, ALL of them successful.

You are absolutely right. It happens all the time. Golesh could come in  and be successful. My issue is not so much as to whether a coordinator can succeed, but whether this was the best pick considering our circumstances. We have been left behind in conference realignment, we have won only 1 conference game in 3 years,...We are probably at our worst point in our football history. Whoever came in is going to have a huge challenge turning this program around. For those reasons I would have preferred someone with HC experience who knows the ins and outs of all it takes to manage and build a team. Someone with HC experience would have been the safest pick in our circumstances. Coach Golesh is going to have a steep learning curve. Problem in our current situation we need to start winning sooner then later.

Just now, belgianbull said:

but whether this was the best pick considering our circumstances.

We definitely went too long on Deion negotiations and lost out on backups.  So now we have to hope this works even though it is Scott-like.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Hopefully we hire a great DC.. we shall see 

If we do this, we could win soon.