• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

how can this guy recruit. he has no name no reputation

we will be in bottom 3 in recruting 

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

UTSA are losing like half their starters... and UAB is not Cincy, UCF, or Houston.

It comes down to the defense... but if that begins to get better (even just a little), USF has some wins on the schedule.

OOC: @WKU, FAMU, BAMA, and @UConn
AAC Home: Rice, FAU, Charlotte, Temple
AAC Away: @UTSA, @Memphis, @UAB, @Navy

USF should go 5-1 at home and pick up 1-3 wins on the road.

Unless the defense craps the bed again.

5-1 ?

haha 

we may win one  game

you have no idea what our roster will look like but there is no way this no name coach will be able to recruit players

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

If he wins 2 games next year, then you fire him and start again.  There's no reason with the offensive talent and that schedule that we don't win 4-5 games easy.    Shore up the defense and Golesh really gets it .... we could be bowling

4- 5 games easy?

have you seen this team play the last 5 years

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I assume he is going to run the same Tenn\UCF offense which is super up tempo and quick strike.

The defense could be on the field more than they were this year with zero depth. Could have a bunch of late game losses because the defense is gassed.

without the talent you cant run that offense

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,361
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, smazza said:

4- 5 games easy?

have you seen this team play the last 5 years

Yep and I've watched the talent grow impressively on the offensive side of the ball, I've watched a team being "lead" by a coach without a clue really how to lead, and I watched several games slip though our fingers last season due largely to this .....  soooooooooo as  I said if Golesh has a clue and can coach and lead at all then 4-5 wins in this mediocre (at best) conference is doable in year 1.  Not that much of a leap

• Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Yep and I've watched the talent grow impressively on the offensive side of the ball, I've watched a team being "lead" by a coach without a clue really how to lead, and I watched several games slip though our fingers last season due largely to this .....  soooooooooo as  I said if Golesh has a clue and can coach and lead at all then 4-5 wins in this mediocre (at best) conference is doable in year 1.  Not that much of a leap

I agree which is why deion was so worth it. The influx lf talent could have been 1-11 to 11-1. So now we need to do it blue collar way. Battie will make sure defenses have to be honest for the run. We need to get a few wr’s who can run the field and win battles. we saw every team have a receiver who took over the games. We need at least one. Atkins in the slot and we have a great chance. 

with minima coaching impact we win 4/5 pretty easily

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Mango028 said:

I would agree. We lost some close games to some good teams. We should improve with quality coaching and a focus on defense primarily on the front. We need body movers. Find a way to bring in massive front 4. We can be undersized everywhere else on defense if we can create a problem up front. If we improve in slightest on defense and are more efficient on offense we win 6 games next year with our schedule. A good coach can make this happen. Year 2 we win 8-10 games and play for conf title

That would be awesome!! Hope this scenario plays out 

• Content Count:  3,361
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Mango028 said:

I agree which is why deion was so worth it. The influx lf talent could have been 1-11 to 11-1. So now we need to do it blue collar way. Battie will make sure defenses have to be honest for the run. We need to get a few wr’s who can run the field and win battles. we saw every team have a receiver who took over the games. We need at least one. Atkins in the slot and we have a great chance. 

with minima coaching impact we win 4/5 pretty easily

The recruiting impact along with the instant credibility/exposure was the only reason I was excited about neon, but once he was gone there were probably 5 or 6 guys with similar potential

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,557
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, olafberserker said:

That is something I agree with you on. If golesh has a clue and hires a competent dc we should be able to show improvement in year 1 day 1. We could start off with a fbs win  against wku but I won't bank on it yet until we see the coaches and players coming in/out with recruits and portal.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

That is something I agree with you on. If golesh has a clue and hires a competent dc we should be able to show improvement in year 1 day 1. We could start off with a fbs win  against wku but I won't bank on it yet until we see the coaches and players coming in/out with recruits and portal.

I don’t see us beating WKU.  There offense will light up the scoreboard against our Defense