• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF - U Stupid *****

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, Bull94 said:

The big programs are paying kids upwards of $1m to sign with them now.

To be fair, no school is paying kids directly.  Boosters of the big programs are paying up to $2 million for star players at skill positions.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

To be fair, no school is paying kids directly.  Boosters of the big programs are paying up to $2 million for star players at skill positions.

of course but if the school saves on a coaches salary then the booster money can shift to player salaries. USF can say to Les Muma"hey we can really use this QB maybe you can give that $1m to USF NIL"

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't aware that this was going on. Chances are I will probably just avoid college football altogether going forward. Not looking to debate or argue with anybody but isn't paying, nowadays I'm guessing $150k plus, enough for the services of an young athlete. I quit watching the NFL because of the insane $$$ being asked for and given. If college athletes start getting paid a million dollars for what ever reason, do they still have to go to class. I'm old and just don't get it. God I miss the old days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sierra048 said:

I wasn't aware that this was going on. Chances are I will probably just avoid college football altogether going forward. Not looking to debate or argue with anybody but isn't paying, nowadays I'm guessing $150k plus, enough for the services of an young athlete. I quit watching the NFL because of the insane $$$ being asked for and given. If college athletes start getting paid a million dollars for what ever reason, do they still have to go to class. I'm old and just don't get it. God I miss the old days.

Unfortunately college athletics are all about the money now. I'm not a big fan either. It is the future though and if USF wants to compete then they will have to find a way to play the game.

Money will shift from coaches/schools to players now.

Free agency (scholarships are only 1 year contracts) will happen every year now. Players will go to the highest bidders.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Lot of truth in this vid.

This was the total deathblow to this program.

Kelly absolutely blew it with everything hanging in the wings.  You have an empty rented stadium every Saturday and are trying to rally money to build something on campus.  You lost 75% of this board (people who may not be well heeled but actually care).  The new students know we are perennial losers and don't show.  Now you've lost everybody that was on the fringe of caring. 

I'll take a picture of the back of my car.  There is a Cal Poly sticker and a UCF sticker.  My first two kids go to those schools. There's room for a USF one but it serves as a metaphor.   

Nobody is going to throw good money after bad on this program.  They've shown to be totally incompetent in hoops and in football.  They lost the real fans and honestly I see no bigger donors (alums or other) rallying around to get this stadium built.  AAC forever!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

Could have bridged the gap by hiring Leavitt but here we are...  It has to work out but the benefit of the doubt is definitely gone for MK.

4 minutes ago, USFreak said:

Lot of truth in this vid.

This was the total deathblow to this program.

Kelly absolutely blew it with everything hanging in the wings.  You have an empty rented stadium every Saturday and are trying to rally money to build something on campus.  You lost 75% of this board (people who may not be well heeled but actually care).  The new students know we are perennial losers and don't show.  Now you've lost everybody that was on the fringe of caring. 

I'll take a picture of the back of my car.  There is a Cal Poly sticker and a UCF sticker.  My first two kids go to those schools. There's room for a USF one but it serves as a metaphor.   

Nobody is going to throw good money after bad on this program.  They've shown to be totally incompetent in hoops and in football.  They lost the real fans and honestly I see no bigger donors (alums or other) rallying around to get this stadium built.  AAC forever!

the fact that you don't have a USF sticker on your car over ucf says it all.

There are a lot of people on this board that scream and shout about how bad we are and yet they don't even buy season tickets or support the program financially in any way. they are part of the problem. Not part of the solution. I don't consider them fans.

Edited by Bull94

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

the fact that you don't have a USF sticker on your car over ucf says it all.

There are a lot of people on this board that scream and shout about how bad we are and yet they don't even buy season tickets or support the program financially in any way. they are part of the problem. Not part of the solution.

Eh there's two sides of the story.  There are also potential customers where we happen to take a big dump in their mouth.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Eh there's two sides of the story.  There are also potential customers where we happen to take a big dump in their mouth.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? You mean fair weather fans?

I have no problem if you just want to be a fan when we are winning but please don't piss and moan when you don't contribute and we are losing.

Edited by Bull94

Just now, Bull94 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that? You mean fair weather fans?

I'm just saying we have a lot of people who are just fed up and watch us make clown moves.  We'll have to prove it to then by actually winning to get them back.