• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF - U Stupid *****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

you haven't been to a game in 8 years. why do you even care who we hire?

I think you are missing the point.  I'm not an anomaly.

You build success and we simply haven't.  Blind fandom only exists for NY Jets and Mets fans.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

If he is truly a lot like Leavitt then he would start work at USF ASAP. He would camp out in the athletics building. He will be hard core on defense. If not then that is a slap to the face to Coach Leavitt.

There are certain signs that must come to pass if we are to determine if the new coach has the spirit of Leavittism upon him.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, USFreak said:

I think you are missing the point.  I'm not an anomaly.

You build success and we simply haven't.  Blind fandom only exists for NY Jets and Mets fans.

I agree that we need to win games. 2-4-8 Three season forecast right now 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I agree that we need to win games. 2-4-8 Three season forecast right now 

No-no-no

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We all need to stop acting like USF is the only program that’s gone through lean years. Go take a look at the histories of Baylor, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Tulane, South Carolina, Wake Forest, etc. and you’ll see plenty of pain. All of them are Top 25 or on the verge these days. No program is immune. I’m quite certain their fans reacted the same way ours are now - it’s forever, it’ll never change! It does.

We were spoiled by how quickly we were relevant and it’s showing more now than it ever has. I understand the admiration for Jim Leavitt. I have the same admiration for what he built, but it doesn’t mean it ends with him. Did Bama’s success end with Bear Bryant or did they face some lean times and come out the other side? How about Cincy now? Is it over for them with Luke Fickell leaving? Is it possible it will mean some tough years ahead if they can’t immediately re-create what they had under him?

A fan sticks with it and expects to reap the rewards at some point. We look like we’re in a deep, dark hole at the moment, but nothing is forever. If you’re willing to give up like our pal USFreak and say it’s hopeless and will never be any different, that’s a choice you make. Remember, you can come back if the shift happens, but that doesn’t mean we look at you the same way as those who moaned, groaned, gnashed teeth but stuck with it.

I was a kid of the 70s growing up in NY State and rooting for the Giants. That era produced some of the worst and most futile teams in franchise history. Didn’t matter  - I pulled hard every Sunday. Then came the 1980s and guys named Simms, Taylor, Parcells, etc. and all those lean years turned into the greatest fan experience ever, culminating in a Super Bowl in 1986. If you watched those 70s Giants, you would have said it would NEVER happen. When it did, it was one of the best memories of my lifetime for me and my Dad. Wouldn’t have been the same if I walked away and started rooting for the Niners - or UCF.  🙂

What you are describing is fine if we were in the NFL.  32 teams, salary caps, some parity.

USF has just made so, so, so many missteps.  I think you are conveniently ignoring that.  UCF is a shining example because for everything we did wrong they made a positive, long-lasting move (and yes I'm not ignoring their 0-12 season.  USF has just had basically three of those now and when you do something like that you have to dig out.  

USF is years away from a ficticious on-campus stadium that will take money and excitement to build.  I've seen Florida HS football games with more passion and fans.  They've lost that.  I did think this was a decision point moment where we could have shifted the tides.  Sadly, I'll be referencing this post in 3 years when this school is still playing for 3-4 wins in the AAC, recruits and fans have zero interest in this program and we're on the prowl for the next coach.

The good news Dave is there are plenty of good seats available.  When the Bucs were playing in the NFC Norris the Packers, Bears, Vikings, and Lions fans loved coming down to warm Tampa and sitting front from for $12.  30 years have passed and you can get a better ticket than that for $10 to watch the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't call it "pissing and moaning" whatever that means....is that like a venereal infection or something? 

Yes, it would be nice to have confidence Golesh can win.  I think Freak's reach back to Leavitt is about confidence to win.  He'd seen it, then.  We have seen the last two coaches fail (unless you credit Charlie for Quinton and the gang he tried to slow down).  Taggart, when considered a success, was into his third year...I don't think it's unreasonable that fans are discouraged that we may not win games now.   Discouraged it may take more than one year.  Discouraged that we missed out on experienced head coaches.  Discouraged how the hiring process went.  Discouraged with a former QB tweeting out "we got played".  Discouraged, perhaps, that they had to look up this guy to see who he was.

What ultimately happens is we lose some fans, maybe gain some fans.  Some will go back to being a part time fan.  Showing up for the first week of the season to see what's new and make decisions from there.  I think we need to be understanding. 

But, over the years many have said they spend more time with family, go on trips, find new hobbies, etc.  They don't complain, they just fade away.  Doesn't make them bad.  But it makes them gone.  Freak, I'm glad you care.  I hope you don't fade away but "piss and moan" until we get this fixed and hopefully that is very soon. 

Cincy fans seem to have wanted him as their coach. Freak dont care, he went off on a whiney rant w/o doing any type of research on Golesh. Some people on this board just like to dwell in misery. Hence why we got voted "most toxic fanbase" in the AAC. I posted that thread on purpose.

default.png

Alex Golesh

33 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Quit your whining. "Go UCF"? Man you need to shut your crying, woe is me, stuck in the past in Levitt a$$ and get over it. This is who was hired and all we can do is roll with it. If you dont want 2 be a fan anymore then go to the UCF board. 

That's what you need to do.  Chase away what little fanbase remains. 🙂

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

43 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Maybe he is saving that for the Monday press conference?

Maybe not everything has to be on Twitter?

What exactly are you looking for?

It is all coach speak anyways.   It is not as if any coach is going to pull out the chalkboard and diagram some plays for the press.

Don’t want anything - just the reality that you don’t get to make long term plans if you don’t win now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Cincy fans seem to have wanted him as their coach. Freak dont care, he went off on a whiney rant w/o doing any type of research on Golesh.

It's just because we thought we had the Deion shortcut and this feels like pattern recognition with Jeff Scott II.  Who knows it might be a home run if the guy is a schematic wizard and can figure out how to build a defense.  

32 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't call it "pissing and moaning" whatever that means....is that like a venereal infection or something? 

Yes, it would be nice to have confidence Golesh can win.  I think Freak's reach back to Leavitt is about confidence to win.  He'd seen it, then.  We have seen the last two coaches fail (unless you credit Charlie for Quinton and the gang he tried to slow down).  Taggart, when considered a success, was into his third year...I don't think it's unreasonable that fans are discouraged that we may not win games now.   Discouraged it may take more than one year.  Discouraged that we missed out on experienced head coaches.  Discouraged how the hiring process went.  Discouraged with a former QB tweeting out "we got played".  Discouraged, perhaps, that they had to look up this guy to see who he was.

What ultimately happens is we lose some fans, maybe gain some fans.  Some will go back to being a part time fan.  Showing up for the first week of the season to see what's new and make decisions from there.  I think we need to be understanding. 

But, over the years many have said they spend more time with family, go on trips, find new hobbies, etc.  They don't complain, they just fade away.  Doesn't make them bad.  But it makes them gone.  Freak, I'm glad you care.  I hope you don't fade away but "piss and moan" until we get this fixed and hopefully that is very soon. 

Well said.