• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF - U Stupid *****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

That’s nice, but we do need to know what his plan is to win some games now, because there is no long-term if you don’t. I think that’s pretty well been proven all around the country.

I think the fact that UT went from #108 offense to #1 in 2 short years says that he can turns things quick here. They were able to do that with a va tech cast off QB. I think we have some offensive talent. Get someone in to turn defense into middle of the road and we can be pretty good.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

That’s nice, but we do need to know what his plan is to win some games now, because there is no long-term if you don’t. I think that’s pretty well been proven all around the country.

Maybe he is saving that for the Monday press conference?

Maybe not everything has to be on Twitter?

What exactly are you looking for?

It is all coach speak anyways.   It is not as if any coach is going to pull out the chalkboard and diagram some plays for the press.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

it's also that there is a portion of our fan base that wants a champagne taste but on a beer budget ...

Sort of like the program, no?  No investment in coaches, facilities, but expected a winner?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

24 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Does this change any minds?

I like that tweet! However I’m gonna stick with my low expectations approach by sticking with my preliminary 3 season forecast of 2-4-8. If the new coach can come in and double up the wins each season then we will be great in about 3 seasons. Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

agreed. my point is that money will start shifting away from schools/coaches to the athletes. In the NFL the top players get paid more than the coaches. there is a reason for that.

Understood

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, USFreak said:

Hiring a Tennessee assistant when you had a chance to resurrect this shithouse?

My daughter goes to UCF.  You pulled up and UCF went big.  Enjoy.  I’ll never watch another game of this ******** team.  You ****** the dog.

Leavitt literally sitting in town to make everything right for 3-4 years.  Get the infrastructure to build the next two decades.

Go UCF.  Got to cheer on a team that gets it.

Quit your whining. "Go UCF"? Man you need to shut your crying, woe is me, stuck in the past in Levitt a$$ and get over it. This is who was hired and all we can do is roll with it. If you dont want 2 be a fan anymore then go to the UCF board. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

If he is truly a lot like Leavitt then he would start work at USF ASAP. He would camp out in the athletics building. He will be hard core on defense. If not then that is a slap to the face to Coach Leavitt.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sort of like the program, no?  No investment in coaches, facilities, but expected a winner?

To a degree, yes, especially early on pertaining to an IPF but don't think that's accurate for coaches .... unless I'm missing something ..... and also, part of that investment ability comes from the fan base.

23 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don't call it "pissing and moaning" whatever that means....is that like a venereal infection or something? 

Yes, it would be nice to have confidence Golesh can win.  I think Freak's reach back to Leavitt is about confidence to win.  He'd seen it, then.  We have seen the last two coaches fail (unless you credit Charlie for Quinton and the gang he tried to slow down).  Taggart, when considered a success, was into his third year...I don't think it's unreasonable that fans are discouraged that we may not win games now.   Discouraged it may take more than one year.  Discouraged that we missed out on experienced head coaches.  Discouraged how the hiring process went.  Discouraged with a former QB tweeting out "we got played".  Discouraged, perhaps, that they had to look up this guy to see who he was.

What ultimately happens is we lose some fans, maybe gain some fans.  Some will go back to being a part time fan.  Showing up for the first week of the season to see what's new and make decisions from there.  I think we need to be understanding. 

But, over the years many have said they spend more time with family, go on trips, find new hobbies, etc.  They don't complain, they just fade away.  Doesn't make them bad.  But it makes them gone.  Freak, I'm glad you care.  I hope you don't fade away but "piss and moan" until we get this fixed and hopefully that is very soon. 

14 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I like that tweet! However I’m gonna stick with my low expectations approach by sticking with my preliminary 3 season forecast of 2-4-8. If the new coach can come in and double up the wins each season then we will be great in about 3 seasons. Go Bulls!!

Sad to some, but perhaps the reality of it all.